Computer suddenly running 100% ram and basically unusable

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, i started  up my computer to find that it was running slowly. As I was watching videos, chrome became unresponsive. Not long after all of my computer programs became unresponsive and I couldn't load anything up. Even my whole computer was freezing up; like desktop and mouse freezing. I restarted my pc and the problem persisted, I checked my ram usage and found it at 100%. I checked task manager, and no programs seemed to be taking up more than 200 mb of ram. I tried just re-inserting my my ram and that seemed to temporarily settle down my ram usage, but it didn't fix all the lag and program crashes. Eventually, the usage has gone back up.

I've waited a day and restarted. Nothing has changed. Right now I'm posting on my phone because my computer is just frozen at this point. I would appreciate any help you all can give. If you need more information just ask.

Thanks,

Earn

Some people have reported this issue after updating to Windows version 1903. Try to roll back to the previous windows version. 

16 minutes ago, theinquisitor1989 said:

Some people have reported this issue after updating to Windows version 1903. Try to roll back to the previous windows version. 

Alright, I'll try reverting and see if it fixes it

57 minutes ago, Earn said:

Alright, I'll try reverting and see if it fixes it

Well it seems I don't have the option to roll back due to the last update being over 10 days old.

Update: I have tried updating drivers and some minor windows updates and nothing has helped. Complete restarts have been made and still nothing

Maybe opt for an insider build. The latest, 2004, 19033 build is stable.

I edit my posts more often than not

11 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Maybe opt for an insider build. The latest, 2004, 19033 build is stable.

I'll give it a shot. I have signed up for insider builds. For some reason my computer is running smoothly right now after this start up. I likely will still update when I have the build available. Also, lots of my apps have been logged out of, is this wierd?

Edited by Earn
Clarification

7 minutes ago, Earn said:

I'll give it a shot. I have signed up for insider builds. For some reason my computer is running smoothly right now after this start up. I likely will still update when I have the build available. Also, lots of my apps have been logged out of, is this wierd?

Then some virus or rootkit scan could not hurt either...

I edit my posts more often than not