Where on earth do I get a Corsair RGB LED fan hub controller?

Joey-Joe-Joe
Go to solution Solved by ddennis002,
1 minute ago, minibois said:

Doesn't a two pack of LL140's come included with the RGB controller?

Yes the packs include the rgb controller

So, might be a stupid question, but where do I get a Corsair RGB LED controller? Corsair couldn't have made hooking up their LED fans and strips any more confusing. Commander Pro, Node Pro, RGB LED controller! Jesus, could you require more parts and make it more confusing and convoluted? I love all of the proprietary garbage so they can milk people. That said, I was just about to order a two pack of their 140mm LL series fans which say it includes a Node Pro. I'm also ordering a single 120mm LL series fan. So along with the Node Pro, I will also need their LED controller to control the lighting on all three of the fans? Corsair has it on their site for $9.99 but says not available for 2-4 weeks. And the only sellers on Amazon want $60. Or does the Commander Pro include the RGB LED controller with it if I buy that, instead? Documentation on Corsair's site is so unclear, Amazon answers section is filled with hundreds of conflicting answers and info. I've never had a more confusing time ordering fans. Or are there any kits of LL series fans that include a Node Pro and LED hub? God bless, LTT

41d+WGLL60L._AC_.jpg

Anyways, yea, you would need the LED controller in all different sort of setups:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

You connect your fan LED cables to the LED controller, the controller to the Lighting Node Pro and you also connect your fans to your motherboard to actually make them spin.

Alternatively, the Command Pro can take the place of the Lighting Node Pro and fan power. But still then you need the LED controller, as the Commander Pro (just like the Node Pro) only has 2 LED channels.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Yes the packs include the rgb controller

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

Here's my confusion, when you go to Corsair's own website and read the Node Pro manual, it says this right in the manual. "HD RGB hub, sold separately" Some people act like the Node Pro comes with the LED Hub, others have said no. And Corsair's own manual makes it seem like it's not included. With that said, I can't imagine why anyone would buy a pack of multiple fans and not want the LED Hub, so I don't know why it wouldn't be included. Still, so unclear, though.

Untitled.jpg

OK, so then in that Corsair FAQ it says this -

12. ML and LL multipack kits come with both the RGB Fan LED Hub & a Lighting Node Pro.

It might be nice if when you look at their products, they make that more clear and you don't have to go digging into a FAQ. My confusion comes from the fact that their products say multi fan packs include the Node Pro, but then in the Node manual it says RGB Hub sold separately. LOL! Either way, looks like that settles it. Thanks, minibois and ddenis.

It states right in the list of thats of package contents it contains one.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050074-WW#tab-package-contents

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

2 hours ago, Joey-Joe-Joe said:

Here's my confusion, when you go to Corsair's own website and read the Node Pro manual, it says this right in the manual. "HD RGB hub, sold separately" Some people act like the Node Pro comes with the LED Hub, others have said no. And Corsair's own manual makes it seem like it's not included. With that said, I can't imagine why anyone would buy a pack of multiple fans and not want the LED Hub, so I don't know why it wouldn't be included. Still, so unclear, though.

Untitled.jpg

You can buy the node pro separate from other components because that is how you daisy chain multiple RGB channels together. Im not sure where the confusion is here. So stating that it is Optional and sold separately is correct because if your just buying a Node Pro most likely you already have everything else.

Internet Connection

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

^ Yeah, I see that now on the product page for the two pack of fans. I hadn't originally checked on Corsair's specific product page when I first posted, I had only checked on the Node Pro page on their site. Every other site I was shopping the two pack of fans for didn't mention the hub. And since Corsair offers the Node, commander and the hub and doesn't use typical RGB headers, everything was kind of confusing.

9 minutes ago, Joey-Joe-Joe said:

^ Yeah, I see that now on the product page for the two pack of fans. I hadn't originally checked on Corsair's specific product page when I first posted, I had only checked on the Node Pro page on their site. Every other site I was shopping the two pack of fans for didn't mention the hub. And since Corsair offers the Node, commander and the hub and doesn't use typical RGB headers, everything was kind of confusing.

Newegg shows it comes with it in the specs, but its all good, it is confusing when you don't have it in hand.

I have a Corsair 500D RGB with 6 LL120 and I bought 4 Corsair RGB strips from newegg without the Node Pro and I have Corsair RGB Ram and Mouse and Keyboard, all my RGB in one software. I ended up disabling the onboard RGB it was only on a couple of spots and as you can see from my profile pic its over kill. 

Internet Connection

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

NewEgg was one place I hadn't checked, of course. I typically head down to my local Micro Center and while their stores are incredible and very helpful, their website leaves a lot to be desired. And Amazon is filled with conflicting comments by people who don't know what they're talking about or answer questions with trolling. I'm gonna just use the three fans. Adding strips with those bright-ass fans might be overkill on brightness. I have like, 5 fan headers on my motherboard to control fan curve in my bios so I just really wanted to be clear on the RGB control aspects. Thanks!

EDIT: Just checked Micro Center's website and the two pack does show the RGB hub. Not sure wtf I was looking at when I checked yesterday. LOL! Ah well.

12 minutes ago, Joey-Joe-Joe said:

NewEgg was one place I hadn't checked, of course. I typically head down to my local Micro Center and while their stores are incredible and very helpful, their website leaves a lot to be desired. And Amazon is filled with conflicting comments by people who don't know what they're talking about or answer questions with trolling. I'm gonna just use the three fans. Adding strips with those bright-ass fans might be overkill on brightness. I have like, 5 fan headers on my motherboard to control fan curve in my bios so I just really wanted to be clear on the RGB control aspects. Thanks!

EDIT: Just checked Micro Center's website and the two pack does show the RGB hub. Not sure wtf I was looking at when I checked yesterday. LOL! Ah well.

In iCue you can control the brightness I have mine cranked on all my devices but you can go from full down to off on the brightness. Also the custom lighting you can get up is amazing, right now I have a custom lighting setup that does christmas theme, with top row keyboard light alternating red and green as christmas lights, and the rest of the keys are a blue with a white rain effect to simulate now falling on the keyboard.

Internet Connection

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch