Helios 300 which one?

Sharke

Hi,

since Black Friday is around the corner I decided to treat my self and buy gaming laptop .Problem is do not know which Helios should I get.Since lot of competition between  2060 vs 1660ti version and it seams 1660ti is better value ( since I do not need ray tracing) but all tests and results where for 15” model and I am getting 17”

links are below ( there is also little difference between RAM)

and any comment and advice is appreciated.

Thank you

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-predator-helios-300-ph317-53-17-3-intel-core-i7-gtx-1660-ti-gaming-laptop-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10192545-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-predator-helios-300-17-3-intel-core-i7-rtx-2060-gaming-laptop-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10194212-pdt.html

I dont think there should be much difference between a 15' and a 17'. Also there isnt much in terms of performance difference between a 1660ti and 2060. At the moment ray tracing is kinda gimmicky, not really mainstream so your not loosing anything by not going with the 2060. 

That being said the true biggest difference between these two is the ram. 8GB is honestly a minimum, 16GB is what you should get. Now you can get an 8GB laptop and just buy some ram sticks for $60 and stick it in. ram is the easiest thing to upgrade in a laptop and computers in general. You literally remove the panel and stick it in a slot. Just make sure the ram you get is the same speed as the one you already have in. so the one you have in is lets say 2666Mhz (i dont know), then buy ones that are also 2666Mhz. Just mentioning it just in case you didn't know. 

Maybe take a look at the lenovo Y540 too. They might have bigger sales by the time Black Friday hits. just worth mentioning. 

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I was thinking the same there will not be big difference  15” and 17” regarding performance and in game experience.

Will keep eye on Lenovo as well, thx for advice ?