AMD Ryzen 2700x Experienced a Nice Price Cut

Vexo

The Ryzen 2700x got a price cut of around $20 USD on both Newegg and Amazon to $169.99 USD. 

Spoiler

The cut may not show for Amazon on PC PartPicker at the moment, but I assume it will be updated

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think the price will lower even more as we get closer to Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Or will it stay the same and people who were eyeing this CPU should buy right now, like myself. 

meh, still doesn't beat micro center pricing. For 170$, I'd rather pay a little more and get a 3600 with similar nT perf but much higher 1t perf.

I have a cunning plan. Lets recommend people buy 3rd gen so the 2nd gen will stay in stock longer and drop further in price.

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

meh, still doesn't beat micro center pricing. For 170$, I'd rather pay a little more and get a 3600 with similar nT perf but much higher 1t perf.

I know how you feel, and I completely agree on how it doesn't beat Micro center's price tag on it. Only problem I have with Micro Center is its limited store quantity. The nearest one to me is four hours away in Chicago, sadly, so I believe this cut is more valuable for the people who are in the same situation as me and aren't in a close proximity to a Micro Center. 

2 minutes ago, Vexo said:

I know how you feel, and I completely agree on how it doesn't beat Micro center's price tag on it. Only problem I have with Micro Center is its limited store quantity. The nearest one to me is four hours away in Chicago, sadly, so I believe this cut is more valuable for the people who are in the same situation as me and aren't in a close proximity to a Micro Center. 

I live 20 minutes away :D

The 3800X there for 330$ is really tempting...

I know there's no difference from the 3700X, but the number is bigger...

Sadly the 3700X is 300$, I hope on BF it goes down to 270-ish. My wallet is screaming right now lol, I just purchased a Odyssey+ for 200$

Wait, is it me or did all LGA2066 CPU's get removed from Micro center's website?

I was happy to get mine a few months ago for $229, but $169 is a screaming deal.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

2 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I live 20 minutes away :D

The 3800X there for 330$ is really tempting...

I know there's no difference from the 3700X, but the number is bigger...

Sadly the 3700X is 300$, I hope on BF it goes down to 270-ish. My wallet is screaming right now lol, I just purchased a Odyssey+ for 200$

Wait, is it me or did all LGA2066 CPU's get removed from Micro center's website?

Ya lucky duck, lmao.

And I'll hope with you that the 3700X will go down to your desired price! And have fun with your Odyssey+! I've always wanted to try VR.

And I looked up LGA2066 CPUs on Micro Center, and still got two results. I wonder why it's not showing up for you.

4 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

I was happy to get mine a few months ago for $229, that is a screaming deal.

Oof, that's a HUGE price difference lol. Are you still happy with your purchase? 

2 minutes ago, Vexo said:

Ya lucky duck, lmao.

And I'll hope with you that the 3700X will go down to your desired price! And have fun with your Odyssey+! I've always wanted to try VR.

And I looked up LGA2066 CPUs on Micro Center, and still got two results. I wonder why it's not showing up for you.

image.png.139498905b8370149c3c8cc902d6f5c0.png

huh that's funny.

Perhaps its because of Skylake-X Refresh Refresh 

5 minutes ago, TheDarkAsian said:

Eh I would just get a 3600. 2nd gen oc sucks

The reason why I'm going with the 2700x is because I want to do other things other than game, so this is a nice middle ground between them. The extra cores and threads will really help!

15 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

That would be amazing if the nearest microcenter wasn't 6 hours away

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Microcenter had the 2700x at 129 and then you saved 30 on a motherboard...just sayin ;)

13 minutes ago, Vexo said:

Give us a location request to our customer relations email! People read those @Vexo

Just now, Rune said:

Microcenter had the 2700x at 129 and then you saved 30 on a motherboard...just sayin ;)

I'm very jealous of all of you.

All we have are Fry's and they look like ghost towns.

Sadly Best Buy is the closest thing to a PC parts store around here anymore.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 minutes ago, Vexo said:

Oof, that's a HUGE price difference lol. Are you still happy with your purchase? 

Very much. I was using a 7600k at 4.2 previously, and the 2700x is vastly superior in newer games and everyday multitasking. Not quite as strong in single-threaded stuff, but in those cases background processes can get pushed to another of the many available threads in the new AMD chip, so there's not an appreciable difference on my end. Much smoother experience too.

If you're doing more than just gaming it's a great processor IMO.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

13 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Don't get your hopes up there.....

2066 is experiencing a refresh. stores have discontinued most "9th" gen skus and will be getting 10th whenever they're real.

But it would be DANGEROUS for me if there was a nearby microcenter.

I'd be so poor "saving money" on deals

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

But it would be DANGEROUS for me if there was a nearby microcenter.

I'd be so poor "saving money" on deals

We have a credit card now! :D 

7 minutes ago, Rune said:

Give us a location request to our customer relations email! People read those @Vexo

So if I sent an email to that address asking if they're willing to ship a Ryzen 7 2700x a state over, they'll consider it? Or am I misunderstanding? If that's the case, I'm sorry for being a dummy dumb lol. 

Just now, Vexo said:

So if I sent an email to that address asking if they're willing to ship a Ryzen 7 2700x a state over, they'll consider it? Or am I misunderstanding? If that's the case, I'm sorry for being a dummy dumb lol. 

Nooo meant that suggesting a location for a new store would be helpful :) 

Just now, Rune said:

Nooo meant that suggesting a location for a new store would be helpful :) 

Oooohhhhh that makes more sense lmao. Thanks for telling me though! Hopefully we'll get one in Iowa soon if I email them haha

9 minutes ago, Rune said:

We have a credit card now! :D 

So are you promising to come to the greater Sacramento, California area????

28 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

So are you promising to come to the greater Sacramento, California area????

Well, there were two stores in Cali. Not sure they want to try that again. But it doesn't hurt to ask :P