Sennheiser GAME One Headset for media

Looking to get a new headphone for a mix of gaming and media consumption and was wandering if the Sennheiser GAME one headset has good sound for music and videos, or would it be better to get an audiophile headphone. I should also note that I have the GSX 1000 sound amp if that plays a factor into this.

4 minutes ago, prostrike33 said:

Looking to get a new headphone for a mix of gaming and media consumption and was wandering if the Sennheiser GAME one headset has good sound for music and videos, or would it be better to get an audiophile headphone. I should also note that I have the GSX 1000 sound amp if that plays a factor into this.

Notably, I have HD6xx's and G4me One's. Though I dont remember if i plugged the headset directly into my dac/amp combo, there was a difference between the HD6xx and the g4me one, though only at louder volumes. 

20181002_191952.thumb.jpg.ff17b85be9645493a7b12b5bf64e5c3a.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I used it for Gaming and Music before switched to my current Sennheiser. Sound was good. But dont use the Volume Function on the right Ear. It  iss its weak Spot. But thats the case of most HS that have this "feature". 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

16 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Notably, I have HD6xx's and G4me One's. Though I dont remember if i plugged the headset directly into my dac/amp combo, there was a difference between the HD6xx and the g4me one, though only at louder volumes.

Was gaming better with one and music / videos with the other, or was one just better sound quality overall?

16 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I used it for Gaming and Music before switched to my current Sennheiser. Sound was good. But dont use the Volume Function on the right Ear. It  iss its weak Spot. But thats the case of most HS that have this "feature". 

Would you say the GAME one would be a better buy that something like the HD 569 / HD 599?

1 minute ago, prostrike33 said:

Was gaming better with one and music / videos with the other, or was one just better sound quality overall?

I personally use the G4me One's for console gaming via a 3.5mm to USB adapter, so I've never directly done an apples to apples gaming comparison. At similar sound levels they're pretty similar, but the HD6xx's sound stage is a bit wider overall which is good for music and good for telling where sound is coming from. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I personally use the G4me One's for console gaming via a 3.5mm to USB adapter, so I've never directly done an apples to apples gaming comparison. At similar sound levels they're pretty similar, but the HD6xx's sound stage is a bit wider overall which is good for music and good for telling where sound is coming from. 

So an audiophile headphone like the HD 569 / HD 599 would probably be a better buy?

2 minutes ago, prostrike33 said:

So an audiophile headphone like the HD 569 / HD 599 would probably be a better buy?

Probably, yes. Especially if you don't need a mic

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Probably, yes. Especially if you don't need a mic

I do need a mic, but I already have a mod mic. Thanks

Also, are you familiar with the HD 569 and HD 599?

Just now, prostrike33 said:

I do need a mic, but I already have a mod mic. Thanks

Also, are you familiar with the HD 569 and HD 599?

I have no experience with them directly, no. I do have HD518's and 598c's which at least the 518's sound almost the same as the g4me one's in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I have no experience with them directly, no. I do have HD518's and 598c's which at least the 518's sound almost the same as the g4me one's in my opinion. 

Alright, thanks

46 minutes ago, prostrike33 said:

Would you say the GAME one would be a better buy that something like the HD 569 / HD 599?

I never used one of  the HD´s myself. The Game ONE was a realy good headset and gave me exactly what i was looking for. I doubt you would regret it, but better or not? Cant answer that for sure.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO