[Amazon] SteelSeries Siberia V2 3.5mm (White) [$34.99]

I wouldn't buy a $150 headset either. I'd spend $250-300+ for a nice one. Or get something like the Audio Technica BPHS1.

Turtle Beach? Razer headset? No. Tritton maybe.

Tritton No. Razer No! Turtle Beach Oh God Please make it stop!

I am an advocate of the Headphones+Modmic combo so it is that or nothing to me. Steelseries Siberia Elite would be the only exception however the headphone combo is still much better for the price.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I am an advocate of the Headphones+Modmic combo so it is that or nothing to me. Steelseries Siberia Elite would be the only exception however the headphone combo is still much better for the price.

Have you used the Tritton? I've used all of those I've listed. The Tritton is somewhat decent. The others are horrid. The AT is also very nice. Mic is ridiculously clear. Sound quality is awesome too.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Have you used the Tritton? I've used all of those I've listed. The Tritton is somewhat decent. The others are horrid.

I have used two different models (both my friend's) and I was not impressed. Positional audio was bad, bass was heavy, but other than that is sounded alright. But I don't want to pay up the arse for an alright headset. I do have to give them points for build quality. It did not feel like turtle beach does where it practically falls apart on your head.

I have used two different models (both my friend's) and I was not impressed. Positional audio was bad, bass was heavy, but other than that is sounded alright. But I don't want to pay up the arse for an alright headset. I do have to give them points for build quality. It did not feel like turtle beach does where it practically falls apart on your head.

Yeah that build quality on TB... *shudders*

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

What Modmic vendor do you like? AntLion?

PSU

What Modmic vendor do you like? AntLion?

Technically Antlion is the only modmic (zalman are branded clip on :P) but yeah I like them. I personally have a shitty headset mic I literally ripped out of a headset and fastened to my headphones but I could definitely use one of the antlion's. Soon they will have a version with a mute button which is something I use a lot.

Soon they will have a version with a mute button which is something I use a lot.

Or you could just set your mic to push-to-talk :P

PSU

Huh, and I'm even in the market for new headphones as well. I know that this is a headset, but still though, need a mic anyways, so this is a good thing.

(I'm not an audiophile, FYI.)

How well does the Siberia V2 stack up against the JVC HA-RX700?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1D914D4101

That's what I'm currently using, and because of a recent mishap, audio is uneven (one ear is softer than the other) and it's REALLY been bothering my ears lately.

So which would be better, the Siberia V2 or the HA-RX700?

COMIC SANS

@TopWargamer

Neither are worth the money. Spend $100+ and get a nice pair of headphones then get a modmic from AntLion.

PSU

@TopWargamer

Neither are worth the money. Spend $100+ and get a nice pair of headphones then get a modmic from AntLion.

Well...

1) I don't have that kind of money, nor would I want to spend that much on headphones.

2) I'm not an audiophile.

My HA-RX700 sounds great to me, and I love them, but I really do need new headphones since the audio is off on mine. 

COMIC SANS

Well...

1) I don't have that kind of money, nor would I want to spend that much on headphones.

My HA-RX700 sounds great to me, and I love them, but I really do need new headphones since the audio is off on mine. 

Fair enough on the lack of money. But $100 on headphones is nothing. Audiophile grade headphones are usually a lot more expensive. Also just because you want good sound quality does not make you an audiophile. I'm not an audiophile and I love my Sennheiser HD280Pro, Audio Technica M50s and Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's. All deliver excellent audio @ $150 or less.

If you think the HA-RX700's sound great then you may not have had the pleasure of using a decent set of headphones is all I am saying. $100's invested in headphones is a sound investment.

But to each their own.

PSU

If you think the HA-RX700's sound great then you may not have had the pleasure of using a decent set of headphones is all I am saying. $100's invested in headphones is a sound investment.

Well, you got me there, because I really haven't. I dunno, my mind may be changed if I heard some sound from actual GOOD headphones, but for now, I'm content. 

COMIC SANS

Well...

ATH M50s?

I'm not gonna rave about it's sound quality because you probably dont care,

But they have good build quality and are relatively cheap

If you keep an eye out you can get them for like 80 bucks american, and will last you a long time

did i mention they sound amazing?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I wouldn't buy a $150 headset either. I'd spend $250-300+ for a nice one. Or get something like the Audio Technica BPHS1.

Turtle Beach? Razer headset? No. Tritton maybe. 

Trittons are a plastic mess of junk

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Trittons are a plastic mess of junk

Mind elaborating? I'm just curious.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.