ASUS TUF RTX 2060 OVERHEATING!

Noforus

i recently upgraded my GPU from Galax 1060 6GB OC to a Asus Tuf Rtx 2060

when i have the 1060 the temps are fine and all is good even though little bit of OC

and when the rtx 2060 is idle reaches 57 celcius and when gaming like assetto corsa/fivem

fivem at high settings, assetto at max settings 

at fivem i use vsync and the fps reaches 40-60

at assetto my fps is 70-200 fps

and when i game for like 10 mins at assetto the max temp is 85 degrees celcius

and when i game on fivem, after like 20 minutes my pc shuts down itself.

I did not overclock my GPU.

And i have 1 x 120mm intake and 1x 120mm exhaust

Help me and heres my specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

ASROCK AB350M HDV

16GB 8x2 3200mhz

1TB HDD

120GB SSD

Stock CPU Cooler

15739742126141983635494922412566.jpg.ad645107c9748781f011cc674d58623c.jpg

Your GPU's fans have 0 air to breathe because of the shroud covering your PSU.

Either return the card and go for a slimmer model (though the spacing will still be really tight I'd assume), or upgrade your case. Try mounting an intake fan to your side panel if your case allows it, in the meanwhile.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Either return the card and go for a slimmer model (though the spacing will still be really tight I'd assume), or upgrade your case. Try mounting an intake fan to your side panel if your case allows it, in the meanwhile.

i can't mount an intake to the side panel rip me

3 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

What about opening my case? will it improve anything?

It won't because your GPU still won't have enough space to inhale air. best option will be changing your case. there are many good cases with very cheap price.

5 hours ago, xMekuri said:

It won't because your GPU still won't have enough space to inhale air. best option will be changing your case. there are many good cases with very cheap price.

Well..

Based on his build, how out dated everything is, except for the upgraded VGA, how dirty the build is, I think I'm safe to assume that this person would have a lot of trouble with moving the whole PC into another case, and that's why he's being reluctant, since to fix his issue, this obviously is the best option. Also, he was smart enough to get a TUF gpu, which as far as I know, is known to be one of the worst designs when it comes to cooling.

I also recommend in this case tho, to just buy a new case. There are really good ones, for like 50$, if you don't care for its looks even less. Good luck.

On 11/25/2019 at 12:32 AM, ProPigeon said:

Well..

Based on his build, how out dated everything is, except for the upgraded VGA, how dirty the build is, I think I'm safe to assume that this person would have a lot of trouble with moving the whole PC into another case, and that's why he's being reluctant, since to fix his issue, this obviously is the best option. Also, he was smart enough to get a TUF gpu, which as far as I know, is known to be one of the worst designs when it comes to cooling.

I also recommend in this case tho, to just buy a new case. There are really good ones, for like 50$, if you don't care for its looks even less. Good luck.

no worries im buying a  new case

On 11/28/2019 at 7:43 PM, Noforus said:

no worries im buying a  new case

So i bought a new case

And my temps are now quite normal

Idle 40-60

Under load 70-85

but when i run cinebench it only scores 98.66?