Should I return this Laptop?

Hi guys!

I recently bought a new laptop with the help of our magnificent GeneXiS_X and despite his warning I went ahead and bought one of Lenovo's 7 series Yoga, the C740 to be precise. He warned me about their QC issues and he was right. I had to return one because of some dead pixels. I was very pleased with the second one until I noticed that a part of the bezel pops out every time I switch it into tablet mode.( I'll include a pic) I use it mainly for taking notes with a stylus and coding on Visual Studio.

Should I worry about this issue? Im thinking about returning it and buying some other laptop. Im willing to spend around 1200 Euro. The 2-in-1 factor really works wonders for my use case. Got any suggestions?

20191121_112420.jpg

defenitely.

that could lead to bigger damages later if you're unlucky.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

9 minutes ago, _Cobalt_ said:

Hi guys!

I recently bought a new laptop with the help of our magnificent GeneXiS_X and despite his warning I went ahead and bought one of Lenovo's 7 series Yoga, the C740 to be precise. He warned me about their QC issues and he was right. I had to return one because of some dead pixels. I was very pleased with the second one until I noticed that a part of the bezel pops out every time I switch it into tablet mode.( I'll include a pic) I use it mainly for taking notes with a stylus and coding on Visual Studio.

Should I worry about this issue? Im thinking about returning it and buying some other laptop. Im willing to spend around 1200 Euro. The 2-in-1 factor really works wonders for my use case. Got any suggestions?

20191121_112420.jpg

Yes you should definitely. If something breaks in that hinge it could possibly be very very expensive to repair. I've had a perfectly fine laptop which I had to throw away because it would cost hundreds of euro's to fix a little part of the hinge. 

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

On 11/21/2019 at 3:27 PM, martward said:

Yes you should definitely. If something breaks in that hinge it could possibly be very very expensive to repair. I've had a perfectly fine laptop which I had to throw away because it would cost hundreds of euro's to fix a little part of the hinge. 

Thanks for the advice, guys. I have already returned the c740 and I'm on the fence of buying the surface pro 7. Microsoft has a huge student discount on it.