Horizontal line, i'm wondering if it is a monitor issue

Sammytron

I know it will be insanely hard to deduce just from these pictures, but randomly this line (it somewhat flickers, I found higher refresh rate made it more solid than flicker so idk) showed up and I have tried so many things and nothing works, I can post specs if needed but I feel they are irrelevant. https://m.imgur.com/a/CQAVntQ

Thanks for your help, regardless if it works or not, I may just have to get a new monitor

it might be or a GPU issue  too. but im not sure. have you tried another HDMI cable/Displayport?

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Just now, Martin2132 said:

it might be or a GPU issue  too. but im not sure. have you tried another HDMI cable/Displayport?

Unfortunately, I have tried another HDMI cable and a DisplayPort cable and both had the same issue, also im concerned it's a monitor issue because it is present during bootup and when I switched the cables.

It might be the Ribbon connection to the board inside the monitor. i have seen somwhere where the ribbon connection got damaged and the output display got black lines. 

CURRENT PC SPECS    

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

1 minute ago, Martin2132 said:

It might be the Ribbon connection to the board inside the monitor. i have seen somwhere where the ribbon connection got damaged and the output display got black lines. 

How would I go about fixing that then, do I just get a new monitor?

15 hours ago, Sammytron said:

How would I go about fixing that then, do I just get a new monitor?

to be honest, im not sure if that is the one that is broken. i cant see the monitor itself so i cant diagnose it. but im speculating that its the problem since even if one of the wires in the ribbon cable got damaged. it will still work albeit with a damaged display. so ye not really sure.u.jpg.e928bb4afe6e53de958ece541369bf0a.jpgy.thumb.jpg.c6c4d0b86d8ad2fb70c7e156abae9d90.jpg

These two are examples of major damage in the ribbon cables

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

another possible cause is a faulty board inside the monitor. how old is that monitor? if its still in its warranty, claim that warranty

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

Just now, Martin2132 said:

another possible cause is a faulty board inside the monitor. how old is that monitor? if its still in its warranty, claim that warranty

The monitor is just about 6 months old with no warranty, so yikes! I've had no problems until this randomly popped up

15 hours ago, Sammytron said:

The monitor is just about 6 months old with no warranty, so yikes! I've had no problems until this randomly popped up

ye, so unless you are really bothered by it, you have no choice but to head to a repair shop. unless you want to open that monitor up your self and diagnose and repair it.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

Take a screen shot, if it's on the screen shot then it's in the video buffer. If it's not in the screen shot it's not in the video buffer. If it's not in the video buffer then it's on the other side from the VRAM and is likely a bad display, cable, or rarely something in the output circuit of the card. You've ruled out cable. You've ruled out 2 ports. Try a different video card or use the onboard video.