ryzen 3200g + x570 phantom gaming 4 BSOD

tuunade98

Just trying to troubleshoot my BSOD issue, I only have 1 stick of ram at about 2666 speed 8gb. I also noticed that windows is only showing "5.44 usable" instead of the full 8. Windows and Bios does recognize the full 8, but windows is only using 5.44. Anyway any heavy load, moving files etc etc blue screens the pc.

2 minutes ago, tuunade98 said:

Just trying to troubleshoot my BSOD issue, I only have 1 stick of ram at about 2666 speed 8gb. I also noticed that windows is only showing "5.44 usable" instead of the full 8. Windows and Bios does recognize the full 8, but windows is only using 5.44. Anyway any heavy load, moving files etc etc blue screens the pc.

A part of your ram is used by the APU (integrated graphics), you should go for dual ram though because Ryzen likes it.

11 minutes ago, tuunade98 said:

Please download BlueScreenView, open it, open the last BSOD error dump, take a screenshot and post it.

Can I ask why that CPU & Board combo? I assume/hope you plan to upgrade the CPU later?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Please download BlueScreenView, open it, open the last BSOD error dump, take a screenshot and post it.

Can I ask why that CPU & Board combo? I assume/hope you plan to upgrade the CPU later?

These are new parts for a PLEX server, I bought the mobo because it has 8 sata ports and was able to find it fairly cheap. I still haven't even updated BIOS so i'm thinking it could be that... I'll do that and also download bluscreen view. Thanks master disaster.

7 hours ago, Plouffe said:

A part of your ram is used by the APU (integrated graphics), you should go for dual ram though because Ryzen likes it.

Is there any way at all to avoid this? what If i don't have anything plugged into the onboard graphidcs(hdmi port or display port on back of mobo)

6 hours ago, tuunade98 said:

Is there any way at all to avoid this? what If i don't have anything plugged into the onboard graphidcs(hdmi port or display port on back of mobo)

Not unless you get a GPU ;)

6 hours ago, tuunade98 said:

Is this what you guys wanted? 

image.thumb.png.dac79c776663cfede0a14d0b2319e38f.png

Ram stick isn't in motherboard QVL list, https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Memory/DDR4/74164-F4-2666C19S-8GNT. Could this actually cause the issue?

That's correct, unfortunately that tells us nothing, it's a generic error message. It basically says something went wrong with the kernel.

That could be hardware or software. It might be a piece of faulty hardware or it might be a malfunctioning driver.

Start with the easy so head to your board manufacturers website and download all the latest version drivers for that board. At this point it might also be helpful to reinstall Windows and start again with fresh drivers (though not strictly necessary). Make sure to grab the AMD Chipset driver direct from AMD.com rather than from your boards support page.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 hours ago, tuunade98 said:

You can set the amount of RAM the iGPU uses in BIOS settings,  and usually the lowest is like 64MB iirc,  so yes you can change this to minimum requirements easily, but your iGPU needs at least some RAM otherwise you won't have your PC displaying anything, it's simple not possible to allocate for example 0MB for that reason. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

You can set the amount of RAM the iGPU uses in BIOS settings,  and usually the lowest is like 64MB iirc,  so yes you can change this to minimum requirements easily, but your iGPU needs at least some RAM otherwise you won't have your PC displaying anything, it's simple not possible to allocate for example 0MB for that reason. 

APU (AMD) not iGPU (Intel) ;) 

12 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

APU (AMD) not iGPU (Intel) ;) 

Tell that my MSI BIOS ? 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Tell that my MSI BIOS ? 

My whole life has been a lie then ? 

ok so i managed to fix my problem. The windows 10 installation i had on my usb stick was quite old and because of that it was extremely unstable with ryzen. I created a new bootable usb with media creation tool and it seemed to come with a much more recent version of windows 10, everything runs fine now... 

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

hmm what would you recommend me set it to? considering this is like a NAS kinda thing or server, i will rarely ever use the onboard gpu. Onboard GPU will strictly just be for troubleshooting purposes.

19 minutes ago, tuunade98 said:

hmm what would you recommend me set it to? considering this is like a NAS kinda thing or server, i will rarely ever use the onboard gpu. Onboard GPU will strictly just be for troubleshooting purposes.

The lowest possible 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 hours ago, tuunade98 said:

ok so i managed to fix my problem. The windows 10 installation i had on my usb stick was quite old and because of that it was extremely unstable with ryzen. I created a new bootable usb with media creation tool and it seemed to come with a much more recent version of windows 10, everything runs fine now.

Thank you for the feedback. At least now if we see someone else with the same issue we know what the problem is and how to fix it.

17 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Thank you for the feedback. At least now if we see someone else with the same issue we know what the problem is and how to fix it.

no worries, I spent over 2 hours until i figured it out. Ryzen just doesn't like old windows which makes sense.

I just set igpu memory to 128MB it refuses to boot, i set it to 1gig and it still refuses to boot... Starting to get really annoyed with ryzen tbh, never had t his much problems with intel.

It is a hit and miss, sometimes it boots other times it doesn't. Would you guys know what could cause this?