custom gpu heatsink mix match 1050ti

clutchmaster

i have a gigabyte gtx 1050ti windforce oc dual fan gpu but it does not have a copper base plate thats preventing me from liquid metaling it 
i need ur guys help finding a cooler from any gpu that will fit my card and it must have a copperbase plate and require no modding since i dont have a drill press

something like the Arctic Accelero. the singlefan one or the dualfan on. 

but why tho? im guessing you are going for some OC records on a gtx 1050ti. as liquid metalling a GPU usually isnt the best idea. 

On 11/19/2019 at 5:27 AM, clutchmaster said:

i have a gigabyte gtx 1050ti windforce oc dual fan gpu but it does not have a copper base plate thats preventing me from liquid metaling it 
i need ur guys help finding a cooler from any gpu that will fit my card and it must have a copperbase plate and require no modding since i dont have a drill press

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_BsEwSM0ys

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/19/2019 at 8:54 AM, GoldenLag said:

something like the Arctic Accelero. the singlefan one or the dualfan on. 

but why tho? im guessing you are going for some OC records on a gtx 1050ti. as liquid metalling a GPU usually isnt the best idea. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:27 AM, thrasher_565 said:

its to remove the hotspots that normal thermal paste doesnt help with... i can run games like warthunder, csgo, and ring of Elysium
with a voltage of +70/ a core of +165/ memory of +850/... but i cant with games like destiny 2, insurgency sandstorm and shadow of the tomb raider for these titles have to reduce my overclock to a voltage of +70/ a core of +140/ memory of +700/ liquid metal would reduce the thermal delta between the die and heatsink allowing me to maintain my higher overclock without crashing because the gpu hit 145 F even though the heatsink is capable of keeping the temps below that if i was able to liquid metal it
i dont want too use the arctic acceleros because there designed for the gpu die to be off center but my gpu die is dead center of the pcb which is why i need to know what other 1050ti makes, have a heatsink that has a copper/nickle plated base plate that will fit on my gigabyte 1050ti windforce OC gpu

3 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

i dont want too use the arctic acceleros because there designed for the gpu die to be off center but my gpu die is dead center of the pcb which is why i need to know what other 1050ti makes, have a heatsink that has a copper/nickle plated heatsink that will fit on my gigabyte 1050ti windforce OC gpu

there the die is located really doesnt matter. the cooler mounts to the mountign system of the card, which follows the die. 

4 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

its to remove the hotspots that normal thermal paste doesnt help with

and its still a terrible idea. if you are overheating. its a poor heatsink, not thermal conductivity. 

5 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

but i cant with games like destiny 2, insurgency sandstorm and shadow of the tomb raider for these titles have to reduce my overclock to a voltage of +70/ a core of +140/ memory of +700/ liquid metal would reduce the thermal delta between the die and heatsink allowing me to maintain my higher overclock without crashing because the gpu hit 145 F even though the heatsink is capable of keeping the temps below that if i was able to liquid metal it

are you aware of the actual clockspeed you are running at?

because its not just unputting and expecting it to work. and the performance gain is so small to the money you will spend, you are better off picking up a used rx 570 and doing some neat overclock. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

there the die is located really doesnt matter. the cooler mounts to the mountign system of the card, which follows the die. 

its because i also want it to be pleasing to look at

and its still a terrible idea. if you are overheating. its a poor heatsink, not thermal conductivity. 

are you aware of the actual clockspeed you are running at?

i have rivatuner running all the time so yes... even at the lower +140 core boost if it gets above 145 F i get reduced clock speed 

because its not just unputting and expecting it to work. and the performance gain is so small to the money you will spend, you are better off picking up a used rx 570 and doing some neat overclock. 

the gains i get from stock speeds tends to be 20 - 30 fps and my fps target is 1080p 60fps 
im also incapable of affording a better card

1 minute ago, clutchmaster said:

i have rivatuner running all the time so yes... even at the lower +140 core boost if it gets above 145 F i get reduced clock speed 

could also just be the powerlimits impose on the card. which is usually the real limiting factor on the 1050ti. 

2 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

the gains i get from stock speeds tends to be 20 - 30 fps and my fps target is 1080p 60fps

and you loose so much from going from a unstable overclock to a stable one you need to spend liquid metal on a GPU where its ill adviced to do so due to the fact the gains from liquid metal on a CPU isnt there on the GPU. 

save the money. spend it on a GPU you can do more exotic overclocking with. like a powerplay table, bios flashed rx 570 if you are inclined to spend the time. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

could also just be the powerlimits impose on the card. which is usually the real limiting factor on the 1050ti. 

and you loose so much from going from a unstable overclock to a stable one you need to spend liquid metal on a GPU where its ill adviced to do so due to the fact the gains from liquid metal on a CPU isnt there on the GPU. 

save the money. spend it on a GPU you can do more exotic overclocking with. like a powerplay table, bios flashed rx 570 if you are inclined to spend the time. 

im soon to be running a 3770k and the results ive experienced from LMing most definitely allows for more stable OC's its risky but if u know what ur doing its worth is my i5 3470 is LMed and runing @ 4.3ghz and never reach's 150F if i were to LM this 1050ti i know it will drop my thermal max atleast 5F and reduce the gpu die hotspot even more stabilizing my +165 core boost 

2 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

im soon to be running a 3770k and the results ive experienced from LMing most definitely allows for more stable OC's its risky but if u know what ur doing its worth is my i5 3470 is LMed and runing @ 4.3ghz and never reach's 150F if i were to LM this 1050ti i know it will drop my thermal max atleast 5F and reduce the gpu die hotspot even more stabilizing my +165 core boost 

GPUs do not have a ihs to remove glue to actually improve temps. 

i recommend avoiding as its a bad idea. and id suggest spending the money on a GPU more capable for modifying via bios or other means if you want overclocking. 

and Arctic GPU coolers is the only real custom choice outside of fitting CPU coolers. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:27 AM, thrasher_565 said:

this video is a bad representation of liquid metaling gpus greg did not know how much pressure and rubbing in is required to make the LM properly adhere and the contaminants that rubbing removes in the process, plus theres to much LM on that gpu die

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

GPUs do not have a ihs to remove glue to actually improve temps. 

i recommend avoiding as its a bad idea. and id suggest spending the money on a GPU more capable for modifying via bios or other means if you want overclocking. 

and Arctic GPU coolers is the only real custom choice outside of fitting CPU coolers. 

thermal grease has a thermal resistance the gpu die can only be cooled as fast as the heatsink can cool the thermal grease LM is 3 times more effective

Just now, clutchmaster said:

thermal grease has a thermal resistance the gpu die can only be cooled as fast as the heatsink can cool the thermal grease LM is 3 times more effective

thermal resistance isnt the issue when its such a small distance to be covered by heat. 

im aware of thermal transfers. you just need a heatsink, not liquid metal. and both are dumb ideas against other options. 

ive given a heatsink to use, but liquid metal wont help the allready power limited overclocking potencial without modding the 1050ti offers. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

thermal resistance isnt the issue when its such a small distance to be covered by heat. 

im aware of thermal transfers. you just need a heatsink, not liquid metal. and both are dumb ideas against other options. 

ive given a heatsink to use, but liquid metal wont help the allready power limited overclocking potencial without modding the 1050ti offers. 

i have a saphire r7 260x single fan that i have repasted multiple times because it was hitting 160F - 180F between 2 different conventional thermal pastes i LMed and it droped the temps to 140F - 160F

a dual/triple cooler will always make LMing seem pointless since theres more thermal mass to compensate for the thermal insulator known as conventional thermal paste

the accelero is a crappy cooler since it relies on excessively long heat pipes plus my question was related to other premade 1050ti's heatsinks and whether they would fit my gigabyte 1050 ti windforce OC and if i got this gpu 5 to 8 F cooler i would be able to play D2 with a sustained coreclock of 1974mhz @ 134F for hours confirmed this worked and is stable because i opened my window and the ambient was at most 50F cold winter air confirms my theorys :) i atcually hit above 2000mhz during the testing because cold wins 

12 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

the accelero is a crappy cooler since it relies on excessively long heat pipes plus my question was related to other premade 1050ti's heatsinks and whether they would fit my gigabyte 1050 ti windforce OC and if i got this gpu 5 to 8 F cooler i would be able to play D2 with a sustained coreclock of 1974mhz @ 134F for hours confirmed this worked and is stable because i opened my window and the ambient was at most 50F cold winter air confirms my theorys :) i atcually hit above 2000mhz during the testing because cold wins

in other words, dont. get a different GPU at the cost. 

also the lenght of the heatpipe really doesnt matter a whole lot when its relies on vapor to conduct its heat. 

also, if you jus want a better cooler, strap a better fan to the existing one. that also helps. 

17 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

160F - 180F between 2 different conventional thermal pastes i LMed and it droped the temps to 140F - 160F

great, would still suggest not liquidmetalling as the gains are small. thats like 10*C?

the 1050ti isnt an amazing overclocker to begin with

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

in other words, dont. get a different GPU at the cost. 

also the lenght of the heatpipe really doesnt matter a whole lot when its relies on vapor to conduct its heat. 

also, if you jus want a better cooler, strap a better fan to the existing one. that also helps. 

great, would still suggest not liquidmetalling as the gains are small. thats like 10*C?

the 1050ti isnt an amazing overclocker to begin with

but in all honesty you were zero help in my original question so have a great day

14 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

but in all honesty you were zero help in my original question so have a great day

Did indeirectly Answer it through ignoring the GPU coolers

1050ti has not reference model. And as such there are few if any that share a PCB. 

I suggest saving the money. 

6 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

its to remove the hotspots that normal thermal paste doesnt help with... i can run games like warthunder, csgo, and ring of Elysium
with a voltage of +70/ a core of +165/ memory of +850/... but i cant with games like destiny 2, insurgency sandstorm and shadow of the tomb raider for these titles have to reduce my overclock to a voltage of +70/ a core of +140/ memory of +700/ liquid metal would reduce the thermal delta between the die and heatsink allowing me to maintain my higher overclock without crashing because the gpu hit 145 F even though the heatsink is capable of keeping the temps below that if i was able to liquid metal it
i dont want too use the arctic acceleros because there designed for the gpu die to be off center but my gpu die is dead center of the pcb which is why i need to know what other 1050ti makes, have a heatsink that has a copper/nickle plated base plate that will fit on my gigabyte 1050ti windforce OC gpu

did you even watch the video? liquid metal dose nothing for a gpu... the gpu dose not have a heat spreader like a cpu witch is the problem with cpus. the gpu is a naked die and no problems with heat transfer.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links