Windows 10 November 2019 Update

deanpepler

Hello everyone. i want to know is it Safe to Update to the Newest Windiws Release. The November update. is there any bugs in the OS ? should i wait 2 weeks? before updating.

2 minutes ago, deanpepler said:

Hello everyone. i want to know is it Safe to Update to the Newest Windiws Release. The November update. is there any bugs in the OS ? should i wait 2 weeks? before updating.

Hello and Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips Forum.

Recently i updated my PC through windows update and i didn't have any trouble, nor find any bugs.

If you have an older version of Windows(before 1903) i'd recommend to make a backup and try updating if you want. But honestly, i'd wait a couple of day/weeks.  

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

@GabrielLP14 my dads pc is running windows 7 and his pc is damaged from the viruses, would the pc crash if i update to windows 10 november release. ESET internet Security support is dropped for windows 7 the latest release of ESET refuses to install on windows 7.

1 minute ago, deanpepler said:

@GabrielLP14 my dads pc is running windows 7 and his pc is damaged from the viruses, would the pc crash if i update to windows 10 november release. ESET internet Security support is dropped for windows 7 the latest release of ESET refuses to install on windows 7.

To be quiet honest, i don't recommend just "updating" i'd recommend a clean install.

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

Just now, GabrielLP14 said:

To be quiet honest, i don't recommend just "updating" i'd recommend a clean install.

i can't do a Clean install cause he might lose access to Omni Accounts program. he bought a license but he is afraid of losing his access

Just now, deanpepler said:

i can't do a Clean install cause he might lose access to Omni Accounts program. he bought a license but he is afraid of losing his access

I see, but just updating you might loose some system perfomance due to this update, specially if you're using a Hard drive. Thats why i recommend a clean install. But it's ok. Try first, contacting the support team from this Omni software, and see if they can send you your license in order for you to do a clean install

NOTEBOOK:

Just now, GabrielLP14 said:

I see, but just updating you might loose some system perfomance due to this update, specially if you're using a Hard drive. Thats why i recommend a clean install. But it's ok. Try first, contacting the support team from this Omni software, and see if they can send you your license in order for you to do a clean install

ok.

Actually, the more problematic thing is carrying issues from Win7 to Win10.

If the system had a virus, then you are looking at reinstalling in any case. Remember that anti-virus only removes the infection, it doesn't repair system filed and changes done by the virus, if any. So just that, might screw up the upgrade process, or possibly still exposes you against security issues currently on Win7. I say 'may' and 'if any' as they are thousands of type of viruses and they all do different things. Some are nothing beside bitcoin (or whatever) mining, or shows ads or redirects web pages, (basically crosses the malware line), or actually does serious things or a combination of things.

Also, you have no guarantee that updating to Win10, will keep you access to the OMNI account thingy. So best to get resolved first, and then clean install Win10

You can update to win10  but don't expect it will be painless process. Some of your tools may stop working, especially when we're talking about network stuff (firewall for example). Other than that you should be ok.

If you're taking about viruses, it depends if you know what it was and if you're sure removing was complete without any negative changes.

You may try to image your current system using Macrium Reflect rescue usb and then, if update failed, you may revert all changes in minutes.