Back up before troubleshoot

ITJINN

I’ve been told to back up before doing troubleshooting, do I do a back up regardless of what the problem is? even if it’s a minor one?

I would recommend using Acronis for your backups. It's always best practice to keep everything backed up.

1 hour ago, ITJINN said:

what about cloning?

up to you. as long as you don't lose any important files, you can do what ever kind of backup you like

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

If this is about doing it to someone else, ask their preference first and be sure to inform them that you can't take responsibility of data loss. They may have done backups before, I know I would before doing anything. Plus there are privacy concerns. And you could ask more for doing backups for them. Unless it's included in the service.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks, bud! this is the information I wanted to hear. You’ve been a great help!

Also, if they have a back up but it was done like 1 day ago or so, do I still back up (after asking their permission)? 

On 11/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, ITJINN said:

Thanks, bud! this is the information I wanted to hear. You’ve been a great help!

Also, if they have a back up but it was done like 1 day ago or so, do I still back up (after asking their permission)? 

It really is up to them. If I prep PC for RMA or screen swap, I don't use it after the prep.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv