December 10th YouTube Wipe

9 hours ago, Kisai said:

Because Advertisers don't want to advertise on this cruel nasty garbage. That's the point.

They want to advertise on the channels that are nothing but cat videos.

thats 100% incorrect.

You know how many advertisers are on conservative podcasts?

Life alert, Ring, Stamps.com, ExpressVPN, Policy Genius, Walther Arms, etc

Advertisers want to advertise where their key demographics are. Fox news has been the most watched basic cable network for over 3 years now. You know how much money advertisers are giving Fox news for those views??

Google might be the most innovative tech company of all time. you think they dont know how to get advertisers? you think Ben Shapiro can figure out how to get thousands and episode from advertisers but google cant?

Google is pandering to this idiotic "woke" culture. And thats fine. its their company. but they should stop being cowards and admit it.

How do you feel about google/youtube intentionally trying to influence elections by shadow banning channels? During the debates if you were in the US and searched for Steven Crowder or Tulsi Gabbar you wouldnt find their videos. but if you turned on a VPN and set your location to another country and did the same searches the channels did show up. Do you think thats ok?

Do you think its cool that when starting out youtube reached out to creators to sweeten the deal to only upload to youtube (in order to shut down competition) and now that they are so big they want to basically say "fuck you guys. we dont want your videos no more. good luck uploading to our competitors that you help us destroy"?

Personally I think if youtube is going to go that route they should be classified as a publisher and not a platform. They should be liable for whats on their site if they are going to pull these things. Or they can do the moral thing and be the platform they claim to be.

Dont get me wrong, if a creator is calling for violence or heinous acts then shut them down. But criticizing hypocrisy like gamergate is not act of violence. 

5 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

thats 100% incorrect.

You know how many advertisers are on conservative podcasts?

Life alert, Ring, Stamps.com, ExpressVPN, Policy Genius, Walther Arms, etc

Advertisers want to advertise where their key demographics are. Fox news has been the most watched basic cable network for over 3 years now. You know how much money advertisers are giving Fox news for those views??

Fox is also not calling for the murder of named people on their platform. They already kow-tow to their advertisers. Why do you think most of their content is opinion-editorial and not news? It's tame garbage content just to run ads on.

Infowars actively peddles harmful products, not just fake news.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

Fox is also not calling for the murder of named people on their platform. They already kow-tow to their advertisers. Why do you think most of their content is opinion-editorial and not news? It's tame garbage content just to run ads on.

Infowars actively peddles harmful products, not just fake news.

Why do you keep bringing up infowars? I dont watch info wars so im not sure what your talking about. But you literally just quoted me where i said that people should be banned if they call for acts of violence. You originally brought up conservative channels and then people making videos against the gamergate subject. The vast majority of those creators are not calling for anyones death.

And everything you just said about fox news could be applied towards literally every news site. If you think CNN, MSNBC, HLN, ABC News, etc are any better then you are just lying to yourself. They all have biases.

But theres literally no point at all to bring up your opinion of fox news. My point was that the things that you deem "not advertiser friendly" are. You cannot deny that you are wrong about advertisers not wanting to be on these platforms because they already are and are paying damn good money to do so. They probably pay more to be on fox news since they get many more viewers.

And if someone like Ben Shapiro who does not have 1/100th of the reach as google can find advertisers then whats youtubes excuse? Hell even the low tier creators are capable of finding sponsors and advertisers. You really think ExpressVPN, Ring, Policy genius, etc are willing to pay creators directly but not willing to have a relationship with google?

Lol. I've had a sort of gaming channel that I started back when Youtube wasn't owned by Google yet. I've got  roughly 3,000 subscribers since then and only made less than $20 overall since I only used to do it as a hobby. I don't really mind if they nuke my channel, but it's gonna be sad to see it go for sentimental reasons if they ever decide to go that route.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

13 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Interesting because everything I've seen on the Sonic rework has said its better but still bad.

really?  ive only seen praise for it.  i honestly cant say ive seen anything negative at all about it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

4 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

And everything you just said about fox news could be applied towards literally every news site. If you think CNN, MSNBC, HLN, ABC News, etc are any better then you are just lying to yourself. They all have biases.

So what? You seem to be arguing about a point that isn't relevant. If a TV channel runs advertising, it has to make it's content tame enough to appeal to advertisers. Have you ever sat there and watched the ads on the news channels? The stuff you see on Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg, CNBC, etc, are different, very different. The last time I spent any time watching Bloomberg, the VAST MAJORITY of the advertising was insurance companies.

You're missing the point here. Fox has a broadcast network. It doesn't need Youtube's help. Youtube's audience is millennials and bored kids. That's not Fox's audience, that's Disney's audience.

34 minutes ago, Kisai said:

So what? You seem to be arguing about a point that isn't relevant. If a TV channel runs advertising, it has to make it's content tame enough to appeal to advertisers. Have you ever sat there and watched the ads on the news channels? The stuff you see on Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg, CNBC, etc, are different, very different. The last time I spent any time watching Bloomberg, the VAST MAJORITY of the advertising was insurance companies.

You're missing the point here. Fox has a broadcast network. It doesn't need Youtube's help. Youtube's audience is millennials and bored kids. That's not Fox's audience, that's Disney's audience.

This whole conversation started when you were talking about the things advertisers would not want to advertise on (like conservative channels and channels that mocked the gamergate bs)....well you are wrong. 

And this is proven because alot of these channels that youtube like to demonetize already have advertisers paying them. They have the same advertisers (ring, life alert, policy genius, expressvpn, etc) that Youtube works with. So why would a company like Ring not want to advertise to say Ben Shapiro via youtube, but they will pay him personally to advertise on the exact same show thats aired on youtube.

I brought up fox news because advertisers are spending a shit load to be on there because of the viewers they get. Well fox news is on youtube as well. you think advertisers dont also want to advertise to those demographics on youtube as well as cable tv?theres more viewers on youtube then cable tv so of course they would.

They care more about viewers then tame content. thats not to say they want to be advertising on a channel thats showing beheadings. but it doesnt have to be a kids disney special for them to want to do it.

Sons of Anarchy had drugs, rape, racism, murder, etc. and advertisers spent millions to run commercials for that show. If game of thrones had commercials they wouldve spent an arm and a leg to advertise to those viewers and Game of Thrones had ALOT of fucked up things. (game of thrones is so messed up that the books are banned in alot of prisons in the US)

And you are grossly ignorant on youtube viewers if you think its nothing but millennials and bored kids. All age groups watch youtube.

https://blog.hootsuite.com/youtube-stats-marketers/

Yes i have seen ads on news channels. They are not that far off from the ads you see on youtube. Hell during election times they are the exact same ads.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:52 AM, Skiiwee29 said:

and do... 

as is their right

whether it be right or wrong

i have stumbled across some ridiculous lawsuits but some people have no common sense.

youtube will do anything to improve their bottom line and earn more and more money for google/abc

what they really need to start doing, is cracking down on fake news and terrorist channels and mass delete those channels.

i laughed at alex jones channel, but that is some quackery shit

2 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

And you are grossly ignorant on youtube viewers if you think its nothing but millennials and bored kids. All age groups watch youtube.

https://blog.hootsuite.com/youtube-stats-marketers/

Ahem:

That's the "bored millennial's and bored kids" target.

Take note of :

and

and

Perhaps actually read the articles before you link to them.

14 hours ago, Kisai said:

Ahem:

That's the "bored millennial's and bored kids" target.

Take note of :

and

and

Perhaps actually read the articles before you link to them.

Gotta love how you leave out where it says "half of american users age 75 and up use youtube".

So not sure why you are arguing when i already proved you wrong. You just tried to hide it.

I didnt say that young people were not a huge part of youtube views. I said they arent the only target. The chart shows 90% of users age 35-44, 85% users 44-54, and 79% of users 55-64 in age. You dont think those are huge markets? 

Nothing you are saying makes any sense and is easily and factually proven wrong.

Im not going to keep wasting my time on the discussion if your reading comprehension is going to be nonexistent. Every time you reply you cherry pick parts while leaving out the rest. And you at best just tried to mislead people and at worst trying to straight up lie to proved your invalid point you originally made.

Ill say it again. Advertisers factually want to advertise on alot of these channels you deem "hateful". Just because your personal bias blinds you doesnt mean others cant recognize their own and not let it effect business. 

Nothing you have replied with has proved your original argument. And the more you have replied the more invalid statements you have made that are easily disproven with a quick google search.

cuz we all know polls are true and correct

like the last election when  everyone said he'd never win and everyone laughed. polls everywhere, left, right and center.

i must admit whenever i do a survey or a poll, i always lie on them, always

20 hours ago, amdorintel said:

cuz we all know polls are true and correct

like the last election when  everyone said he'd never win and everyone laughed. polls everywhere, left, right and center.

i must admit whenever i do a survey or a poll, i always lie on them, always

Theres a big difference between polls and statistics.