EA faces criticism over Dungeon Keeper game

solosdk

Plants vs Zombies 2 gold store looks almost exactly like that but I don't remember people complaining this loudly.

Because you could still play the game without buying anything, I beat it and had a great time. It appears you havent played dungeon keepers before... the whole point of dungeon keepers is to build a dungeon by mining blocks, which in this game take up to 24 hours for 1 BLOCK. That's weeks of playing to just get 1 room set up. Paying to speed up isn't too bad, but having it this slow is. They stop the pace of the game to gain money from it. They killed the whole idea of the game to make a buck.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Are we really saying EA is the only one to do this?

Because they're not.

True 

Because you could still play the game without buying anything, I beat it and had a great time. It appears you havent played dungeon keepers before... the whole point of dungeon keepers is to build a dungeon by mining blocks, which in this game take up to 24 hours for 1 BLOCK. That's weeks of playing to just get 1 room set up. Paying to speed up isn't too bad, but having it this slow is. They stop the pace of the game to gain money from it. They killed the whole idea of the game to make a buck.

I haven't played it but it sounds like another Evony clone, and price gouging is synonymous with the genre I thought

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

EA isn't wrong.  This *is* a huge staple of mobile gaming.  

You start off the game like a normal game, and it quickly progresses to where you can only do a couple of things each day unless you buy tokens.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Wozniak should sue EA for ruining his baby. He might not own the IP but when you think of DUngeon Keeper you think of Wozniak. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Oh look another game that uses microtransactions...

Why arnt we used to this? most of the games I play have microtransactions.

But to be fair if it impedes the flow of gameplay then it should be reworked

There are a few differences.

1) Dungeon Keeper was a great classic game a lot of people loved. Seeing it turn into this is like EA pissing on their memories by ruining the game they liked.

2) This game, unlike (from what I've seen) most games which has micro-transactions is pretty much unplayable without spending money. A good example of balance is Draw Something. You can buy new colors and bombs which helps you guess words (or they can also be used to give you more fun words to draw). It takes quite a long time to get enough coins to buy new colors without buying them with dollars, but since you get coins from simply playing the game I think that is fair. It also gives you a reason to try to draw the harder words (gives you more coins) and it gives you more motivation to draw better so that the other person can guess (don't get anything if they can't guess the right word).

This game in comparison seems to be designed specifically around sucking out as much money as possible.

Wozniak should sue EA for ruining his baby. He might not own the IP but when you think of DUngeon Keeper you think of Wozniak. 

I think you mean Peter Molyneux, not Woz.