Can we really figure how to send info via entangled particles FTL?

Magnetar_Byte

Since we know the speed of light isn't actually the limit. Reason why here.

While we may not be able to send a usable piece of information via entanglement now tech advances so let go off the “totally never gonna stop” assumption that tech will forever advance. So in this future we figure how to send information via entangled particles. Perhaps we use sets of them where we create a language similar to Morse code where if this vibrates for this long it means this and so on. 

And then after we figure the basics out where we finally Crack how to send info via hertz through the particles like we do now. Allowing for a system of repeating entangled particle nodes. Where the message will get to it the node, it will then process, record, and Send it to a new one. And we will now have a message system that can send messages across the galaxy instantly via quantum entanglement.

What a world that would be. To bad it's likely gonna take us being a LATE type 1 to early type 2 civilization before we figure that out. But hey we know it's possible today so that's still pretty Cool. To just know that the speed of light isn't absolute it's actually broken by quantum mechanics makin it his bitch. Which is so awesome to know honestly.

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......

3 hours ago, Magnetar_Byte said:

Since we know the speed of light isn't actually the limit. Reason why here.

While we may not be able to send a usable piece of information via entanglement now tech advances so let go off the “totally never gonna stop” assumption that tech will forever advance. So in this future we figure how to send information via entangled particles. Perhaps we use sets of them where we create a language similar to Morse code where if this vibrates for this long it means this and so on. 

And then after we figure the basics out where we finally Crack how to send info via hertz through the particles like we do now. Allowing for a system of repeating entangled particle nodes. Where the message will get to it the node, it will then process, record, and Send it to a new one. And we will now have a message system that can send messages across the galaxy instantly via quantum entanglement.

What a world that would be. To bad it's likely gonna take us being a LATE type 1 to early type 2 civilization before we figure that out. But hey we know it's possible today so that's still pretty Cool. To just know that the speed of light isn't absolute it's actually broken by quantum mechanics makin it his bitch. Which is so awesome to know honestly.

The short answer is yeah, kind of. But there are still limitations.

Here's how:

1. You entangle some particles.

2. You determine a set of interactions with the particles that will affect their state (and thus change the measurement to any of various pre-determined outcomes).

3. You decide before hand how to interpret measurements (eg: code a program that says regular spin means this, reverse spin means that, etc)

4. You decide on pre-determined specifications that determine how and when you measure the entangled particles (Eg: every 30 seconds, as determined by a pair of synched quantum clocks)

5. Now here's the tricky part, you need to move one of the particles to it's destination, using conventional propulsion (this assumes we don't invent FTL travel) - so if we colonized another system, it would take likely hundreds of years to get there, and we'd have to bring the entangled particle with us

Now that we've got the entangled particle, and we've pre-determined how to communicate with it (eg: we've decided what measurement outcomes mean what information, and at what frequency to check for new messages and send outgoing messages), then in theory, that should work.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 11/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, dalekphalm said:

The short answer is yeah, kind of. But there are still limitations.

Here's how:

1. You entangle some particles.

2. You determine a set of interactions with the particles that will affect their state (and thus change the measurement to any of various pre-determined outcomes).

3. You decide before hand how to interpret measurements (eg: code a program that says regular spin means this, reverse spin means that, etc)

4. You decide on pre-determined specifications that determine how and when you measure the entangled particles (Eg: every 30 seconds, as determined by a pair of synched quantum clocks)

5. Now here's the tricky part, you need to move one of the particles to it's destination, using conventional propulsion (this assumes we don't invent FTL travel) - so if we colonized another system, it would take likely hundreds of years to get there, and we'd have to bring the entangled particle with us

Now that we've got the entangled particle, and we've pre-determined how to communicate with it (eg: we've decided what measurement outcomes mean what information, and at what frequency to check for new messages and send outgoing messages), then in theory, that should work.

I see your point moving these things around would be tricky specially if they tend to not like it moved at fast speeds. I've heard already of experiments with entangled electrons one on the ground and one up on a satellite so I suppose its relatively easy to protect the particle while in transit. 

Lets hope one day we do get such a network up in running I see it as computers were before we mastered them. Where we couldn't do much predicting on cpus like we can now so things were slow. But in time I imagine we can nail down the code used to communicate and then start to predict out whats being said to speed it up even more. But honestly I don't really see a need to speed up already INSTANT communication. I guess what we'd be predicting is the completning of words so it doesn't take forever to finish a word. For instance we can take multiple sets of entangled particles perhaps we find out certain particles are even better for certain letters or numbers. So we isolate per group what ones the best and make 10s or hundreds of that type to then speed up the process of creating all possible words and phrases with those set letters and numbers. 

Either way we can already entangled particles pretty well at this point we still go some fine tuning to do of course but this tech would actually be possible within the next 10-20 yrs or less. It likely wouldn't get the funding needed, but to me it sure seems like this would be high up on priorities specially for rover. Just going to mars we have to wait literally 20 minutes between sending messages. IMAGINE that u could INSTANTLY or with a couple milliseconds lag time control a rover ANYWHERE in the universe. The video and audio could be a problem sure but if we've figured out how to send info FTL already I imagine we can alter this method to do low quality versions of audio and video as well. 

If anyone wants to take my idea go right ahead, just credit me when u get famous for creating the first Quantum telegraph. 

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......