My new rig (another 750D build :P )

Hey guys,

so this is my new build/layout for my (almost) entirely new build!

The only things remaining from my old system are the optical drives, HDDs, SSD and the graphics card.  I have an ASUS Xonar Essence STX still to go in this system once I buy the right 6mm connectors and a set of speakers.

http://i.imgur.com/c32MIww.jpg

c32MIww.jpg

Spec is in the sig.  I didn't take any photos of the build in progress.

CPU is currently clocked at 4.4GHz at 1.25V and memory is clocked at 2400MHz C10.  CPU temps under AIDA64 load range between 64 and 70 degrees so I'm not entirely sure why I can't push it any further - going to 45X multiplier brings up instant WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Win 8/8.1.  I may try underclocking my memory with tighter timings however I've had success running AIDA64 overnight and also running HyperPi under the 32M settings.

It's not bad by any means, but I must say I am a little disappointed with Haswell compared to my old 2600K which OC'd right out of the box on a be quiet Dark Rock Advance to 4.6GHz and was entirely stable and didn't go above 60 degrees.

Also in addition I will be modifying the case fans to various 120mm and 140mm AF and SP high airflow Corsair fans - installed depending on whether the airfow is obstructed or open.

Hope you enjoy :)

I plan on upgrading to Maxwell to make the most of the system running at 1600p.

Hey guys,

so this is my new build/layout for my (almost) entirely new build!

The only things remaining from my old system are the optical drives, HDDs, SSD and the graphics card.  I have an ASUS Xonar Essence STX still to go in this system once I buy the right 6mm connectors and a set of speakers.

http://i.imgur.com/c32MIww.jpg

Spec is in the sig.  I didn't take any photos of the build in progress.

CPU is currently clocked at 4.4GHz at 1.25V and memory is clocked at 2400MHz C10.  CPU temps under AIDA64 load range between 64 and 70 degrees so I'm not entirely sure why I can't push it any further - going to 45X multiplier beings up instant WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Win 8/8.1.  I may try underclocking my memory with tighter timings however I've had success running AIDA64 overnight and also running HyperPi under the 32M settings.

It's not bad by any means, but I must say I am a little disappointed with Haswell compared to my old 2600K which OC'd right out of the box on a be quiet Dark Rock Advance to 4.6GHz and was entirely stable and didn't go above 60 degrees.

I plan on upgrading to Maxwell to make the most of the system running at 1600p.

Nice ^_^ better cable management than mine xD

Also  quite a lot of people like this case huh! :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

O.o

Is that a good or a bad "o.o"?  :)

lil to dark to me, I can't really complain though because my case doesn't have any consistent colours. That's mainly because of my mobo otherwise I'd have black and red setup

lil to dark to me, I can't really complain though because my case doesn't have any consistent colours. That's mainly because of my mobo otherwise I'd have black and red setup

I agree, it's is dark - however I'm coming away from my set ups I had when I was younger. When I first started custom buying and building my own machines (instead of hand-me-downs from home) I'd stuff them full of awful cheap fans with blue LEDs, blue LEDs everywhere.  Blue LED IDE cables?  You bet!  Blue cathode tubes?  Go go!

As time as gone on I've become way less smitten with LEDs (although the H100i is awfully neat, as is the pulsing ROG logo).  Now I find it far sexier to have a sleek performance based machine without any ricer bells and whistles.  Not that there's anything wrong with that if that's what you like :)  I simply feel I don't need to illuminate under my desk and if I was to keep it on top of the desk I'd rather see my screen than LED glare and reflection and risk migraines.

I agree, it's is dark - however I'm coming away from my set ups I had when I was younger. When I first started custom buying and building my own machines (instead of hand-me-downs from home) I'd stuff them full of awful cheap fans with blue LEDs, blue LEDs everywhere.  Blue LED IDE cables?  You bet!  Blue cathode tubes?  Go go!

As time as gone on I've become way less smitten with LEDs (although the H100i is awfully neat, as is the pulsing ROG logo).  Now I find it far sexier to have a sleek performance based machine without any ricer bells and whistles.  Not that there's anything wrong with that if that's what you like :)  I simply feel I don't need to illuminate under my desk and if I was to keep it on top of the desk I'd rather see my screen than LED glare and reflection and risk migraines.

Don't take me wrong, I ofcourse still think it looks great and looks better then my build, I just myself if I'd have the money and bothered then I would of added some sort of colours to it like maybe a red and black mobo with red ram sticks, amd gpu etc... u know.

But ofcourse I still believe that it looks great and you did a great job ;)

Thanks for the comments.  I'll upload some more snaps tonight of it switched on and some other angles.

I was going for a black and red style build with white accents anyway so I think I achieved that - with a little bit of silver :) 

How did you manage to place ur M6F into 750D WITH THE ARMOR ?!

I love the old design of the EVGA Heatsinks, they just looked so clean!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Need some braided cables and that thing be balling! I love it tho!

Totally.  That's what's bugging be about the PCI-e cables...

How did you manage to place ur M6F into 750D WITH THE ARMOR ?!

By using my delicate lady-like fingers I presume :D

Seriously though it was a hell of a tight squeeze with the motherboard I/O sheild.  As for actually fitting the motherboard to the case it wasn't a big deal.

Corsair only included one motherboard riser in with the case (Thanks guys!!!!!!...................) so I went out and found a PC repair shop and managed to convince them to sell me some.  Then I simply fitted the four risers, installed my H100i to the top of the case and guided the motherboard in to place.  As I'd already attempted an out-of-box build is was a little fiddly but nothing too tricky - I was more concerned about the tubing on the H100i.

I have managed a stable overclock at 44x at 1.25V.  I'm tempted to push it a little further however I'm gonna wait till Maxwell drops.

I love the old design of the EVGA Heatsinks, they just looked so clean!

Gotta agree with you there.  I used to have two blower style MSI Frozr II 560ti's and all four of the fans failed within a year.  Had them RMA'd, sold them on and bought that 4GB 670 SC.  Fantastic card, and the cooler design looks so, so good.  Not to mention it is excellent at cooling.

However now BF4 makes it cry at 1600p and as such I must upgrade to a Maxwell EVGA GTX 880 SC with extra memory and all that jazz :D

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, I too own a 750D, so good choice, also dat motherboard 

A little bit more work could be put into cable management and maybe think about having the h100i tubing on the right, it shows off the mobo and h100i a little more imo

But great work, some LEDs would show it off even better

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

can we have some pics from a different angle? ^^ from that 1 angle it looks kinda messy, but like i say it might just be the angle...

Yes, I've just been lazy.  I'll pop some up at the weekend once I reroute my soundcard cable and install my two additional 120mm fans.  They include white LEDs so it should show off the components a bit more :)