What Is The Best 4K Point And Shoot Or Mirrorless Under $400 to $700 Range

DJboutit

What Is the best 4k point and shoot or mirrorless camera in the $400 to $700 range used refurbished would be ok?? I am looking for a camera that is good in low light good stabilization and a good amount of zoom.  I am looking at the  Panasonic GX85 takes great picture video in low light kinda sucks the low light auto focus is kinda annoying. 

a sony A6300 or a cannon m50 would be great mirrorless cameras for around that price range. 

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic 

Look at the LUMIX G7 or G85

The M50 has a very significant crop in 4K while the a6300 tends to get quite warm and has significant rolling shutter artifacts although the a6300's output can still compete 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

11 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Look at the LUMIX G7 or G85

The M50 has a very significant crop in 4K while the a6300 tends to get quite warm and has significant rolling shutter artifacts although the a6300's output can still compete 

I would agree that the Panasonics are the best option new, but they suffer from the same AF problems as the OP's suggestion of the GX85, as they use the same contrast detect AF.

The M50 has the significant crop as you mentioned in 4k mode, plus it uses contrast detect AF, not the Dual Pixel AF that's considerably more reliable and accurate. Footage from the M50 is also described as being soft by some.

The A6300 does have better 4K, but the rolling shutter and the overheating problems probably take it out of contention.

It's really hard to make a recommendation for anything that can shoot 4k under $700 USD for the requested specs; the only recommended options are closer to $1200 USD, such as the Canon EOS M6 Mark II, the Nikon Z50, and the Fujifilm X-T30, and of those, I would probably lean towards either the Canon or the Fuji.

1 hour ago, ThePointblank said:

It's really hard to make a recommendation for anything that can shoot 4k under $700 USD for the requested specs; the only recommended options are closer to $1200 USD, such as the Canon EOS M6 Mark II, the Nikon Z50, and the Fujifilm X-T30, and of those, I would probably lean towards either the Canon or the Fuji.

Truthfully, I would pick either the X-T30 or a6400 over the M6ii if video performance at 4K was a main criteria.

The reason is that while the M6ii can shoot 4K uncropped, it has the same problem as the 90D (which has the same sensor and processor) in that it’s quite soft. Both the a6400 and X-T30 can downsample up to 6K worth of sensor information into 4K footage (depending on the framerate and such) and the a6400 has the advantage of having no artificial record limit baked into the firmware, meaning that only your battery, memory card space and very demanding heat loads will be your limiters.

With all that said, the a6400 has the same issue as the a6300, a6500 and the recently announced a6100 and a6600, in that it’s easier to get rolling shutter artifacts to show. The X-T30 is less immune to this.

The Z50 is still new so not much info exists but it looks like it might be similar to the a6400 minus the rolling shutter.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

21 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

Truthfully, I would pick either the X-T30 or a6400 over the M6ii if video performance at 4K was a main criteria.

The reason is that while the M6ii can shoot 4K uncropped, it has the same problem as the 90D (which has the same sensor and processor) in that it’s quite soft. Both the a6400 and X-T30 can downsample up to 6K worth of sensor information into 4K footage (depending on the framerate and such) and the a6400 has the advantage of having no artificial record limit baked into the firmware, meaning that only your battery, memory card space and very demanding heat loads will be your limiters.

With all that said, the a6400 has the same issue as the a6300, a6500 and the recently announced a6100 and a6600, in that it’s easier to get rolling shutter artifacts to show. The X-T30 is less immune to this.

The Z50 is still new so not much info exists but it looks like it might be similar to the a6400 minus the rolling shutter.

Though, the M6 Mark II has better AF and a much easier to use interface than the Sony. There's also native access to the entire Canon EF lens catalogue via an adapter. Video quality is decent, but then again, if you are comparing to downsampled footage from other cameras, it's easily no contest.

But I am impressed by the excellent balance provided by the X-T30; excellent video quality, good UI, and lots of functionality.

51 minutes ago, ThePointblank said:

Though, the M6 Mark II has better AF and a much easier to use interface than the Sony. There's also native access to the entire Canon EF lens catalogue via an adapter. Video quality is decent, but then again, if you are comparing to downsampled footage from other cameras, it's easily no contest.

Truthfully, I kinda prefer the 90D due to its ergonomics and included built-in viewfinder.

I like the stills performance of the M6ii (and the 90D) but I didn’t like how the EVF is an optional hot shoe attachment and not part of the body itself