Lan type atx cases

Kitsan

I'm looking for something tougher than my x570 case and could use some help

I saw Linus review of the Dune Mac Pro clone case and it's nearly perfect but it's cable management and cooling leave quite a bit to be desired considering the price point with the dice y front panel.

That said it ticks allot of boxes

3mm aluminium panels 

Good handles

Good ridgidity

Aesthetics 

Solid side panels (no glass to break)

Negatives 

Only 3x120mm at the front

High price

Bad cable management

The only other cases I've found is the meshify C with the solid side panel and the Cerberus X are there any others to note?

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

“Tougher” is a vague word for me here.  Resistant to damage?  What kind of damage?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Sorry, expecting you guys to be inside my head!

By tougher I ment good structural rigidity and tough panels, no glass for example!

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

2 hours ago, remus243 said:

Sorry, expecting you guys to be inside my head!

By tougher I ment good structural rigidity and tough panels, no glass for example!

Most cases I know of that have thicker metal frames or panels also have glass and are above $200...

Most cases (that I know of at least) are not designed to be "tough" and "durable". There are cases like the Silverstone MM01 that are built to be super dust and water resistant (and by extension very tough) but it's $500 and nowhere near "lan" sized.

If you're just looking for a small ATX case with a solid side panel that wont fall over just by looking at it, the two cases you have are probably your best bet, maybe a be quiet! Pure Base 600 could be added to that short list

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thanks for the informative reply, I think the most I would be willing to spend tops out with the Cerberus X at $265

I forgot about be quiet! I think the PURE BASE 500 fits the bill nicely too