Cpu Thermal Throttling Xtu stress test

Go to solution Solved by flashiling,

maybe a bios setting?

i've played around with some bios settings on my work computers and i've noticed that locked fan speeds at certain temps causes wierd spikes in preformance and noise from the fan.

or when it's on auto but you set it to be at a specific temp then it might go from 70° no sound to 75 and max rpm for 20 seconds. that also causes different spikes in the preformance. (i can't remember the specific numbers for the settings so the numbers above are random and in practice might not mean anything)

Hi fellow tech guys, so i have a i7 4710hq cpu on my laptop and i undervolt it only 50mV which is the ideal limit for this cpu. So far gaming from light to hardcore has been fine with no drops and temp is only 85°C at worse case which is still good. Thermal paste is arctic mx4 i just reapplied it.

But yesterday i decided to run a 30minute stress test for no reason just cause im bored and the temps are constant only 55-71°C but why is it throttling ? I noticed the throttle occurs only when maxcore frequency is high enough above 2GHz then it will drop and repeat for 30mins.

Looking at the graph I uploaded will be clearer than me explaining. 

See the orange line graph goes up and down constantly. When the throttle occurs, the orange graph drops then it repeats. My temps are never above 75°C.  

So is this a problem?

20191111_173443.jpg

maybe a bios setting?

i've played around with some bios settings on my work computers and i've noticed that locked fan speeds at certain temps causes wierd spikes in preformance and noise from the fan.

or when it's on auto but you set it to be at a specific temp then it might go from 70° no sound to 75 and max rpm for 20 seconds. that also causes different spikes in the preformance. (i can't remember the specific numbers for the settings so the numbers above are random and in practice might not mean anything)

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 hour ago, flashiling said:

maybe a bios setting?

its actually bcause i didnt plug in my charger while testing it lol my bad