Random Crashing without code, USB randomly stops working

Calamity1911
Go to solution Solved by Calamity1911,

Well, I gave up with troubleshooting as running checkdisk and SFC didn't do anything, so I backed up a couple of my games and COMPLETELY wiped ALL of my drives. I've been using it for a few hours with no issues.

I made a multiboot installer with a few Linux distros on it, as well as a Windows installer. I backed everything up from a live instance of a distro on that drive.

I then booted into the windows installer, and went to troubleshooting and chose the command line option and used diskpart to wipe all of my drives. I then rebooted the installer and installed as I normally would.

There are actually two problems that I am having at the same time. One is the problem in the title, the system will randomly hang and bluescreen, but never has it actually put a code up as to why. It was just the white frown thing and a QR code, but no actual error code. I also tried enabling minidumps, and there is a directory where they should be dumped, but nothing as appeared in the folder the last few time it has crashed. Well, I should say that I definitely can see the white frown thing and a QR code, but the actual bluescreen is so fast that I don't know if there is an error code, or if it isn't displaying. I am 90% sure there just isn't one, though.

When I say the system hangs in that respect, the mouse still can move around, but I can't click anything or use my keyboard. It then shortly thereafter "bluescreens."

I have also been having a problem where the USB controller acts up, as in all but two USB ports on my PC suddenly stop working. In the device manager, it shows "amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 (microsoft)" with the little yellow error thing next to it, but all the other USB controllers (including the USB 3.0 one right below it) don't show any errors. That problem affects the front panel USB too. The only two that keep working are the two USB ports right next to the Ethernet port. Usually I wind up having to hard restart the PC (reset button or holding power) to get it to work again. Other times, it does the same crashing glitch listed above, where there is an extremely short BSOD with no code and no minidump generated. 

However, I was able to see that the error code on the USB driver/controller was code 24.

I also noticed that it coincided with a Rockstar Games launcher update, and my install of RDR2. (In that I updated BIOS because I heard of possible issues if I didn't)

I have tried rolling back to a previous BIOS (1823 back to 1821), Install the chipset drivers from ASUS's website, resetting the BIOS many times, and reinstalling windows. I am going to try to install the latest chipset drivers from AMD here in a little bit. 

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, with the latest windows update at the time. I am currently on my laptop, so I can't get the exact version right now. 

Specs are:

Ryzen 7 2700X (stock, XFR and Precision Boost Overdrive enabled)

16GB (2x 8gb) Corsair LPX DDR4 2400MHz (16-16-16-39)

ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING (error first occurred on BIOS version 1823, rolled back to 1821 with no changes)

EVGA GTX 1060 6GB (stock speeds, ACX 2 fan cooler)

EVGA 550W G3 PSU

**EDIT**

I also forgot to mention, it also will hang on boot every now and then. As in the windows 10 loading dots will start to spin in a circle but at a random time, it will freeze. I can actually get into windows if I then use the reset button.

Windows Version 1903 build 18362.418

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Looking in event viewer, I do see error/critical events, but the errors are just saying that the system couldn't make a dump file, and the critical ones are that the system didn't shut down cleanly. 

I also had two more crashes after I updated chipset drivers. First one took about 5 minutes, then the second one was basically right after the first.

I also did see a BSOD code, but it was so fast I couldn't read it

**EDIT**

I updated a setting in the area where you can adjust crash dump generation settings, and set it to not reboot when the system crashes. 

BSOD Code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

It also is stuck at 0% for gathering info

Well, I gave up with troubleshooting as running checkdisk and SFC didn't do anything, so I backed up a couple of my games and COMPLETELY wiped ALL of my drives. I've been using it for a few hours with no issues.

I made a multiboot installer with a few Linux distros on it, as well as a Windows installer. I backed everything up from a live instance of a distro on that drive.

I then booted into the windows installer, and went to troubleshooting and chose the command line option and used diskpart to wipe all of my drives. I then rebooted the installer and installed as I normally would.