"TP-Link Archer C1200 AC1200" router issue: slow ethernet.

Hawick

Router: TP-Link Archer C1200 AC1200 

I have a modem separately and then this router I mentioned above. My ISP gave me a guaranteed 500+ mbit/s internet. With the router I always get a download speed value sub 100. I get like 70-80mbit/s, which is ridiculous. When I remove the router and use the modem alone and measure my DL speed again I get 400-500Mbit/s (the guaranteed speed that is assigned by ISP).

Is my router faulty? Can anyone help? Why does this router slow down my ethernet significantly? (My PC has gigabit port so it shouldn't be an issue)

Are you connected over wifi. This does sound like a 150mbps (half duplex) link. If you're on cable this should not happen. I have one myself, and I get very close to my 1gbps uplink over the thing. (The C1200 is in my opinion a piece of utter trash though)

15 minutes ago, vriesdiep said:

Are you connected over wifi. This does sound like a 150mbps (half duplex) link. If you're on cable this should not happen. I have one myself, and I get very close to my 1gbps uplink over the thing. (The C1200 is in my opinion a piece of utter trash though)

I'm using cable yes. best ethernet cable too so.. :(

4 minutes ago, Hawick said:

I'm using cable yes. best ethernet cable too so.. :(

Are you sure you're not connected through both Wifi and ethernet?

Are you using a known good cable between your modem and router, and between router and PC?

What kind of link speed do you see in the network & sharing center in Windows?

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2019 at 9:11 PM, Hawick said:

Router: TP-Link Archer C1200 AC1200 

I have a modem separately and then this router I mentioned above. My ISP gave me a guaranteed 500+ mbit/s internet. With the router I always get a download speed value sub 100. I get like 70-80mbit/s, which is ridiculous. When I remove the router and use the modem alone and measure my DL speed again I get 400-500Mbit/s (the guaranteed speed that is assigned by ISP).

Is my router faulty? Can anyone help? Why does this router slow down my ethernet significantly? (My PC has gigabit port so it shouldn't be an issue)

I had the same problem! My ISP provided 300 Mbits, but with my TP Link AC1200 router reache only 100-120 Mbit on wired and wireless connections too. It seems I found the solutions (at least for me working with full speed)! :) 

On the router admin page go Advance->System Tools->System Parameters. Under NAT menu enable NAT Boost function. It should solve your problem too.

I hope this will help You too.