Faulty Graphics Card?

I bought a RTX 2060 last week and received it yesterday. I installed in a completely new system and the installed Windows 10 Pro (x64). After that, I installed the latest drivers for my chipset and then tried installing my graphics card drivers. As soon as the installation is finished the GPU fans ramp up for a few seconds and I lose any video signal to my monitor. Then, after a few seconds the GPU fans stop completely even though the rest of the components, fans and LEDs are still on. After this I couldn't get any video signal even after rebooting the system, but I could get in to my BIOS settings and boot windows recovery from a flash drive.

I did a fresh install of windows and managed to get video signal again and after repeating the driver install process I had the same issue. I did this multiple times using different driver versions and the problem persisted.

Does anyone one know of a possible fix for this? I'd really hate to have to return the graphics card to the shop and have to wait for a new one as I use this PC for work.

33 minutes ago, ruan_two_three said:

What was your budget/country anyways?

If your motherboard bios is already up to date as well you can try some different drivers

more than likely just start the return process anyways.

I take it your older GPU works fine?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 8:33 PM, Streetguru said:

What was your budget/country anyways?

If your motherboard bios is already up to date as well you can try some different drivers

more than likely just start the return process anyways.

I take it your older GPU works fine?

Hi! Thanks for the reply. The issue was my old monitor. It was pretty old and didn't even have a hdmi port, so I bought a new one and it's working fine now.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I didn't receive an email notification. Thank you!