Is this motherboard toast???

2 hours ago, Crumbucket said:

Give it to me straight is this board toast?

Looks like some traces might be damaged, but hard to say for sure.  Did you try it?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

First, love the profile pic, one of my favorite games ever, i often use the hunter mark as a profile pic myself. Second while there does appear to some physical abnormalities the only way to be sure is to test it, put it together out of case and fire it up.

2 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Looks like some traces might be damaged, but hard to say for sure.  Did you try it?

Ya it powers up but can’t get a display on it

2 hours ago, AntiHero said:

First, love the profile pic, one of my favorite games ever, i often use the hunter mark as a profile pic myself. Second while there does appear to some physical abnormalities the only way to be sure is to test it, put it together out of case and fire it up.

Thx I love all the souls games. I did fire it and got no display signal at all. On gpu and motherboard. 

3 minutes ago, Crumbucket said:

Ya it powers up but can’t get a display on it

External GPU, internal graphics, or both?

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

So my main concern is if it’s fixable

2 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

External GPU, internal graphics, or both?

Ya on both

Just now, Crumbucket said:

It's hard to determine without further troubleshooting. does the  iGPU work? Does the dedicated GPU work in any of the PCIe slots? If you can get a picture, can you see if it's running in 16x or 8x or 4x mode in GPU-z, etc.

1 minute ago, Crumbucket said:

usually if a PCB is damaged... its toast.. not always the case but, its rarely fixable

Just now, Crumbucket said:

Ya on both

Probably a lost cause then.  Not fixable if damaged traces are the issue.

No, it's clearly a motherboard.

It's probably not fixable without some very specialized equipment and skills that wouldn't make repair feasible. Sorry bud!

2 hours ago, AntiHero said:

usually if a PCB is damaged... its toast.. not always the case but, its rarely fixable

Right. Like they are exposed but not broken so I was hoping I could do something ya know

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

No, it's clearly a motherboard.

It's probably not fixable without some very specialized equipment and skills that wouldn't make repair feasible. Sorry bud!

Ugh thanks. I was hoping I could do something but I guess I gotta dish out more cash.

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

It's hard to determine without further troubleshooting. does the  iGPU work? Does the dedicated GPU work in any of the PCIe slots? If you can get a picture, can you see if it's running in 16x or 8x or 4x mode in GPU-z, etc.

Well it’s a brand new gpu and the board only has 1 PCIe. So I’m kinda stuck. I tried all the board display outs as well. 

1 minute ago, Crumbucket said:

Ugh thanks. I was hoping I could do something but I guess I gotta dish out more cash.

yeah, sorry man, was worth a shot though right.

Just now, AntiHero said:

yeah, sorry man, was worth a shot though right.

Ya for sure. Well time to dust off my PS4 for a bit lol. Thanks for your input

I mean...you could try getting a magnifying glass and a very small hobby knife blade and exposing some trace on both sides of the break and try to bridge it with a trace pen but I'm not sure if the difference in capacitance/resistance on that one trace would cause signalling issues and I'm not sure that would be a long term fix either. Either you'll fix it or you've got a broken board with some scratched up areas and a $23 conductive pen.

https://www.amazon.com/CircuitWriter-Conductive-Ink-silver-based-4g/dp/B00B88B9KI

*shrug* It's worth a shot I guess but on the other hand it might put you $23 farther away from a replacement board.

How tf did you damage the Intel HS?! Is that a thermal paste under the socket?

1 hour ago, RAS_3885 said:

Can you tell me what the damage on the mobo? All I see is CPU hs damage.

4 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

How tf did you damage the Intel HS?! Is that a thermal paste under the socket?

The hs doesn't look damaged to me, I think it's just the lighting making it look bent out of shape.

Scratch that, what the heck did he do to that CPU!?

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

5 minutes ago, FezBoy said:

The hs doesn't look damaged to me, I think it's just the lighting making it look bent out of shape.

Scratch that, what the heck did he do to that CPU!?

idk man, did OP drop a hammer to damage the cpu hs? I see a deep scratch on the hs too, and the thermal paste under the cpu socket. I hope that thermal paste is non-conductive.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I mean...you could try getting a magnifying glass and a very small hobby knife blade and exposing some trace on both sides of the break and try to bridge it with a trace pen but I'm not sure if the difference in capacitance/resistance on that one trace would cause signalling issues and I'm not sure that would be a long term fix either. Either you'll fix it or you've got a broken board with some scratched up areas and a $23 conductive pen.

https://www.amazon.com/CircuitWriter-Conductive-Ink-silver-based-4g/dp/B00B88B9KI

*shrug* It's worth a shot I guess but on the other hand it might put you $23 farther away from a replacement board.

Thanks for your reply. At this point I’m just gonna buy another board and be done with it. Plus looking at it now it looks like the socket is warped too. Oops lol

56 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

idk man, did OP drop a hammer to damage the cpu hs? I see a deep scratch on the hs too, and the thermal paste under the cpu socket. I hope that thermal paste is non-conductive.

Paste fell during heat sink removal. Was never powered with it like that, has since been clean. Cpu is fine. But good eye tho. Took me a few minutes to spot it with it right in front of my face. 

9 minutes ago, Crumbucket said:

Paste fell during heat sink removal. Was never powered with it like that, has since been clean. Cpu is fine. But good eye tho. Took me a few minutes to spot it with it right in front of my face. 

What did you do the cpu hs?

What is wrong with your mobo? I can't find nothing wrong with it unless I am hella blind for this picture.

9 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

What did you do the cpu hs?

What is wrong with your mobo? I can't find nothing wrong with it unless I am hella blind for this picture.

I’m seeing some stuff surrounding the screw hole.  Might be what is being talked about.  Not sure.  There’s what looks like marks from a washer or something.  The washer is apparently no longer there.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m seeing some stuff surrounding the screw hole.  Might be what is being talked about.  Not sure.  There’s what looks like marks from a washer or something.  The washer is apparently no longer there.

Ya that’s what I was referring to. The stuff around the screw is just dust. Pic was taking right under a lamp zoomed with flash so it looks a little weird. 

I assumed it was broken traces around the screw hole or that white smudge on the board near the socket had broken a trace. Actually I'm not exactly sure either. Does it have a speaker connector to beep out some codes or a POST LED or anything?

maybe its just me but i can't really see shit

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x