Need a small cpu cooler

csar141
Go to solution Solved by N7_Zer0,

i5 4570

84W TDP with that chip. Might get a little warm at high usage but for the most part, NH-L9i should be fine.

I'm looking to build a compact desktop using the Cooler Master Elite 120 case. The cpu cooler i have in my gaming rig is the hyper 212 evo. The problem with this cooler is it is too tall, it would not fit in between the mobo and the psu. I would like suggestion for a flat cpu cooler that would fit in a micro atx case. I would also like the cheapest price but good performance as this will be a budget pc. Open for any suggestions.

Project Zues:

GPU: ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II | CPU: Intel i7 3820 @3.6 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | RAM: G. Skill Ripjaw Series 2x4Gb | PSU: Corsair HX 750W | Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower

You can check out the Scythe Shuriken, Cooler Master GeminII M4 and Noctua NH-L9i. They are pretty low and pretty good as far as I know.

What are you cooling? Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

isn t the cm elite 120 custom made for 120mm aio?

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

NH-L9 is designed for TDP up to 65W only. What CPU are you cooling?

What are you cooling? Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

It'l be a compact budget gaming rig, i'm buying from newegg, and budget is <$60

NH-L9 is designed for TDP up to 65W only. What CPU are you cooling?

i5 4570

Project Zues:

GPU: ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II | CPU: Intel i7 3820 @3.6 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | RAM: G. Skill Ripjaw Series 2x4Gb | PSU: Corsair HX 750W | Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower

i5 4570

84W TDP with that chip. Might get a little warm at high usage but for the most part, NH-L9i should be fine.

It'l be a compact budget gaming rig, i'm buying from newegg, and budget is <$60

i5 4570

Why not just stick with the stock intel cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Since it doesn't look like you are overclocking, arctic cooling alpine or pro. Dirt cheap, super quiet and decent performance

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I agree with everyone here about the NH-L9i. I have one in my brother's pc and it's dead silent. Check this review if you need more info about it.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-l9i-nh-d14/1

Ive heard good things about the NH-L9i on other forums i'll check this one out.

Thanks for everyones input

Project Zues: