LIAN LI 011 DYNAMIC BUILD

andrevautour

Hi guys its been a while but I do have something new to share.

back when i built my last machine i was looking at the lian li pc 08 case and i liked it a lot, but ultimatly decided to go with super super understated and plain (the PCaq41). but i have always liked nice tempered glass cases, and i have always loved LIAN LI in general. so i recently case across some reviews of the new(ish) 011 dynamic designed by der8auer i got very excited because it looked like exactly what i like/wanted. a good dual chamber setup with a smart layout, nice tempered glass windows, not too huge etc.  this is not completely done yet because i am going to add noctua cooling fans for case cooling (probably 3 intake on the side and 1 exhaust at the time) and i have a few hardware updates i want to do including adding more ram and another hard drive for storage nothing too exciting. the main stuff 6700K, GTX 1070 is still working well for most new games even though they are about 3 years old at this point so I will hang onto those for a while.

this is not a completely new build. for now i am moving my build from my old LIAN LI PC-A41 case into the new 011 DYNAMIC case.
I have a few upgrades the i want to do soon including RAM, storage, and I will be adding noctua cooling fans for case cooling. there may be more upgrades coming as well, including maybe a corsair commander pro and LED strips. i want to have full control over the fans and lighting so i like the idea of the commander.

current specifications
Intel  i7 6700K
Noctua NH-C14S
ASRock Z170M Extreme4
HyperX Fury 16GB 2666MHz
Seasonic SS-660XP2 Platinum 660W
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Turbo
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Seagate BarraCuda 4TB
Lian Li PC-O11DW 011 Dynamic

48992130232_51b9bf2eb0_c.jpgIMG_1707 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

48991389178_3be2f10e96_c.jpgDSC05736edit2 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

48992139222_41aac7a6c9_c.jpgDSC05726edit2 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

48992140247_fa0be55b70_c.jpgDSC05738edit2_1 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

17 minutes ago, Oalei said:

i want to know about the TEMPS!!!

ah yes, i was also curious about how the thermals would be especially without any case fans installed. it did feel a little wrong running without any fans, but there is lots of passive ventilation. 

below is the numbers after running Vampye for about 6 hours 4k resolution and all max detail settings and then encoding a 40min 4k video. the cpu idles around 35-40c (the cpu cooler fan is on auto) and it reached a max temp of about 80c during all of that game play and encoding. the GPU is similar its idling around 37-40c and it hit a max of 83c during the gameplay.

i just ordered 4x noctua fans to install and so i will do some similar testing with those and see that the temps are like and report back about that.

49007614381_9ea6881dd9_h.jpgNO FANS 5 HOURS OF VAMPIRE by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

11 minutes ago, andrevautour said:

youre not going for the chromax black noctua fans? i mean its kinda..........

5 minutes ago, Oalei said:

youre not going for the chromax black noctua fans? i mean its kinda..........

nah i actually like the colors of the regular noctua fans something about them i have always enjoyed. i also had a X58 sabertooth motherboard years ago and i liked those "desert earth tone" type of colors on there. i was trying to decide between the black case and the white version and i like both a lot but ended up going with the white partly to just try something new and to be able to see inside better plus i thought the noctua colors would match with white.

i probably will be adding some RGB lighting it there eventually, although i really like how it looks with no lighting the tint on the glass panels looks really nice in person the photos dont do it justice.