AMD Details Next Gen. Radeon HD 8000M GPUs

ionbasa
At this point, not much is actually known about these new chips but after an all to quick presentation by AMD today, a clearer picture is beginning to emerge. First and foremost, the initial HD 8000M entrants will use a slightly revised GCN architecture that boasts increased overall efficiency, higher memory clocks and optimized on-die resource distribution. Boost capability will also be incorporated onto some dies instead of only being reserved for higher end desktop parts. The will also implement a “Solar†naming scheme so expect product designations (ie: code makes) based on planetary bodies like Venus and Mars. Additional concrete information isn’t available at this point since AMD’s cards are being played close to their chests but we do know the HD 8000M series will be officially announced on January 7th, right before CES. Notebooks supporting these new discrete graphics will be launched around that time as well (even though some have already been leaked) so expect reviews on Hardware Canucks soon.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/58597-amd-details-next-gen-radeon-hd-8000m-gpus.html

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

If the performance is as good as they're stating, wow.

But it's notebook graphics :(

Any word on proper graphics? :P

I hope they will release there new graphics card like in february, because im sitting on my old 5850 and i really need an upgrade!

Samsung Series 7 Chronos is the 1st laptop that use AMD Radeon HD 8870M GPU

Any word on proper graphics? :P

Only speculation, nothing substantial is out yet, but if i had to estimate, maybe mid February.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

To have energy-efficient graphics in a notebook would seem like a good idea for people on the move, but if they also perform very well, maybe they will drag some gamers down to the notebook market?

MEH

hopefully they (desktop hd 8000) come come with enough horsepower to max crysis 3 with 45+ fps?

this time around, last year we had the 7000 series out....!!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

• 3 weeks later...

Those graphs are really crappy. Although that's to be expected for a first press release.

• 1 year later...

So is this the first news article in forums ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

But they've already released the 8000M series....

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Good job necro'n a year old thread...  <_<

What is necron'n ?? so I'm right this is the first news article on the forums ? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What is necron'n ?? so I'm right this is the first news article on the forums ? 

causing an old, outdated thread to rise back to the top of the stack, especially uselessly.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

causing an old, outdated thread to rise back to the top of the stack, especially uselessly.

Sorry I was just asking a question.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

But they've already released the 8000M series....

Look at the date of the article. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Look at the date of the article. 

I know.

But there already exists a 8000 mobile series.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I know.

But there already exists a 8000 mobile series.

You sure they did in 2012 ?? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You sure they did in 2012 ?? 

2013 actually.

Yes, definitely.

2013 actually.

Yes, definitely.

Then you point is invalid the article was in 2012 and according to you 8000M was released 2013.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Then you point is invalid the article was in 2012 and according to you 8000M was released 2013.

Wooot?2012?Jeez.Didn't notice that.

Why is this news then?

Wooot?2012?Jeez.Didn't notice that.

Why is this news then?

This was necron'nd by me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

This was necron'nd by me.

Oh jeez...just noticed.

Oh jeez...just noticed.

Yeah it seems that your brain just had a fart.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yeah it seems that your brain just had a fart.

I just woke up 30-45 minutes ago so...

I just woke up 30-45 minutes ago so...

It's okay go and have a shower.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ