R9 390 Strix OC plugged to my test bench,can I?

frozensun

I want to test my PSU efficiency and stability on my test bench,but I still didn't buy PC case for it.

Can I test this graphics card which is quite long and heavy by just plugging it in the PCIE slot?

Will it hold the card without an issue of breaking something?

I can't screw it because my mb is on its cartoon box.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

It shouldn't be a problem if your motherboard's sitting horizontally.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

14 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

It shouldn't be a problem if your motherboard's sitting horizontally.

yeah, but it's on card box.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

So here ir how it looks like,I need to plug in R9 390 which is pretty long/bulky graphics card.

So is it safe to plug it in,just to stress test my PSU without an issue of damaging/breaking PCIE slot?

DSC00934.JPG

DSC00935.JPG

5 minutes ago, frozensun said:

So is it safe to plug it in,just to stress test my PSU without an issue of damaging/breaking PCIE slot?

its more risky to break things in a vertical standing case

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

its more risky to break things in a vertical standing case

Ooh okay.Will the PCIE slot hold the card without screws (cuz I don't have PC  case yet)?