Looking for a new 27", 1440p, 144hz gaming monitor

Chris423

Hi,

I'm looking for a 27", 2560x1440p, 144hz gaming monitor.

I still use a  "Samsung SyncMaster S24B350H"  and it still fits almost perfectly for me but I'd really like a higher refresh rate, resolution and bigger screen.

I don't like rgb lighting or other gimmicks like that... just looking for a simple monitor ? I'm open minded about curved monitors but would prefer a flat one.

I'm not really convinced of IPS Panels and would also like to stick to TN Panels (or maybe switch to VA's if there's no other way and response times are good).

So I'm basically looking for an better version of my old simple buddy ? (g-sync could be nice)

Looking in a price range of 200-600 EUR and waiting for the Black Friday Deals :D

Greetings from Germany

Chris ✌️

S2716DG is a decent option for this.

What aren't you "convinced on" for IPS displays? The response time? Because there's a fairly good display with an IPS panel: XC272U

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I've heard many bad things about their quality and things like backlight bleeding or IPS Glow. But the response time is also a factor!

And since I've never had a problem with a TN Panel and I'm totally fine with their colors & contrast I thought it would be the best option to stick to them ?

5 minutes ago, Chris423 said:

I've heard many bad things about their quality and things like backlight bleeding or IPS Glow. But the response time is also a factor!

And since I've never had a problem with a TN Panel and I'm totally fine with their colors & contrast I thought it would be the best option to stick to them ?

Honestly, unless you're an esports professional the response time won't really matter(unless it's like really long). I'd highly, highly recommend a IPS panel over TN, the colours are much much nicer to look at

Agree with @Slottr, S2716DG is a very good monitor. Have bought it for 2 people and they're very happy with it, transitioning from 1080p 60Hz

I am in the same boat. I am looking for an 1440p 144hz monitor both for gaming and content creation (video/image editing). 

I am among these: 

LG 27GL850-B (IPS Very low contrast)
Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD Black (Older model Feb 2019)
Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q (newer model with very small differences from the above, runs at 165hz)
Gigabyte Aorus CV27Q Black (VA panel, 165hz curved).

I got very limited knowledge about displays and I m researching myself on what's the best  option.

Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

Hmm, but I'm afraid of those backlight bleeding issues etc.

Because I'm using literally everything in dark mode and watch & play many movies & games with dark scenery.

I think these issues would pretty much destroy a part of the immersion

1 minute ago, Chris423 said:

Hmm, but I'm afraid of those backlight bleeding issues etc.

Because I'm using literally everything in dark mode and watch & play many movies & games with dark scenery.

I think these issues would pretty much destroy a part of the immersion

Really I wish I could help you, but as I said I have very small experience. In tests the back light bleeding is obvious, but in real life applications like gaming and movie watching might not be a real issue. Someone with more experience could help us on that.

Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage