Anyone seen this phishing attack?

So apparently there is a new phishing attack going around steam something to do with an image that is sent through a steam message. Apparently the "hacker" sends this to you and it shows something along the lines of your account has a violation or report and a thing that says resolve. Well, a couple of my friends being the ignorant people they are fell prey to it. I'm just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience or knows someone that has had a similar experience.

I'm currently working with my friends to put in a support ticket through steam in hopes that he can appeal his account. What a failure though, gonna have to educate them on security again.

Nope, plus I have steam guard, so unless your in possession of my phone and email, and my email has a different password than steam, theres no way for you too access my account.

Just now, RAM555789 said:

Nope, plus I have steam guard, so unless your in possession of my phone and email, and my email has a different password than steam, theres no way for you too access my account.

I don't know why, these people aren't using steam guard though. Put that in my recommendations for them though.

Just now, YoFavRussian said:

I don't know why, these people aren't using steam guard though. Put that in my recommendations for them though.

I did get my phone reset once after losing it and I forget the process, but I was able to get steam guard removed after working with customer support and proving certain information only I would know.

3 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

I did get my phone reset once after losing it and I forget the process, but I was able to get steam guard removed after working with customer support and proving certain information only I would know.

That's good that you were able to get it resolved, I've never lost a mobile device personally, but I do need to set up a remote wipe utility as a precaution.

11 minutes ago, YoFavRussian said:

it has mobile notifications, such a slight inconvenience for such a massive security boost. They might groan about setting it up but eventually they'll thank you

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Phishing is everywhere.  Especially via telephone.  I fielded two phone scams just today.  One last week was cute.  It’s based on a misdial.  They bought a phone number one digit different than a big company and set up a roboanswerer that pretends to be that company.  It’s the same thing that became super super common with websites some years ago.  The big company frequently knows its being done but can’t do anything because the principals in the scam are overseas and outside of legal jurisdiction.  There’s another from excel energy that has the same phone number as the company except its 888 instead of 800.  They made an exact replica of the xcel phone tree except you can never get a real person except to give a credit card number to (they claim they’re going to shut off your power unless you pay them of course)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I always have two way identification on. 

For banks and such, I set emails/text to notify me whenever there was a transaction greater than $1. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 10/31/2019 at 7:58 PM, Fasauceome said:

it has mobile notifications, such a slight inconvenience for such a massive security boost. They might groan about setting it up but eventually they'll thank you

What bugged me about it wasn’t the mobile notifications it was the data mining potential

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.