Headphones with two sources

Squanchy
Go to solution Solved by samcool55,

What I do is use the line-in on my pc.

If they are all 3.5mm you can do the following.

PS4 -> PC line in (that's the blue one) -> PC output = whatever you want.

It won't work straight away. In audio manager (or whatever it's called) you need to tell it you want to listen to the line-in signal.

image.png.2c6f88b2137d84197126a18cb5c02871.png

I use this method to pass-through the audio from my raspberry pi to my pc speakers. Works surprisingly good.

Hey everyone,

I've done some looking around and could not find a singular answer... Does anyone know of any headphones that can connect to two sources and listen to them both at the same time?

What I am mainly trying to do is listen to my PC audio and my Ps4 audio at the same time...

I saw Vmoda M100 has the two aux ports which is perfect and are a big possibility, wondering if anyone knows of anything like them that can connect to two sources.

It won't work straight away. In audio manager (or whatever it's called) you need to tell it you want to listen to the line-in signal.

I use this method to pass-through the audio from my raspberry pi to my pc speakers. Works surprisingly good.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Interesting, I will definitely try this. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

Interesting, I will definitely try this. Thank you.

Just so you know, your pc needs to be on for it to pass through the audio.

Good luck with giving it a try!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Just so you know, your pc needs to be on for it to pass through the audio.

Good luck with giving it a try!

You the real mvp. Working perfectly. Much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Squanchy said:

You the real mvp. Working perfectly. Much appreciated.

I'm happy to hear it's working :)

Enjoy your new config!

On 10/31/2019 at 2:45 PM, samcool55 said:

You have literally just changed my life lol. I've got friends I regularly hang out with on Discord but whenever I want to play a console game, I can't talk to them via my headset since I am using it for my console. Based on the config you're recommending, I should be able to use my Astro A40 + Mixamp setup as well. I got the mixamp for Xbox/PC and unfortunately doesn't work with PS4 despite using an S/PDIF connector. 

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive

1 hour ago, Tacos4all said:

You have literally just changed my life lol. I've got friends I regularly hang out with on Discord but whenever I want to play a console game, I can't talk to them via my headset since I am using it for my console. Based on the config you're recommending, I should be able to use my Astro A40 + Mixamp setup as well. I got the mixamp for Xbox/PC and unfortunately doesn't work with PS4 despite using an S/PDIF connector. 

The weird thing is that S/PDIF isn't a proper standard. It's like audio over DVI, it usually works, but not always because there's no defined standard. Probably explains why it sometimes doesn't work even tho everything seems fine.

And as long as you can get the audio signal from the PS4 to the line-in port of your pc, you can use whatever you want.

Mixamps, headsets, doesn't matter. As long as whatever you want to use to is listed as a playback device, this will work.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, samcool55 said:

The weird thing is that S/PDIF isn't a proper standard. It's like audio over DVI, it usually works, but not always because there's no defined standard. Probably explains why it sometimes doesn't work even tho everything seems fine.

And as long as you can get the audio signal from the PS4 to the line-in port of your pc, you can use whatever you want.

Mixamps, headsets, doesn't matter. As long as whatever you want to use to is listed as a playback device, this will work.

I figured it was something like that. I get the most terrible screeching noise when I hook up the mixamp to my PS4 lol

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive