Monitor doesnt stay at 144 hz at native res

IIGodlikemode

Hello everyone , so i have been having alot of screen tearing issues for a long time now , and ive allways noticed that when in my native res (1920x1080) the hz on windows it only reaches 143 hz but if i lower the res to like 1919x1080 it gets the 144hz and the tearing almost goes away , is this normal ? because i think that the tearing might be caused because of this even if i cap it to 142 or 143 fps i still get tearing and also if i turn vsync on the tearing persists , my display is the MSI Optix Mag27c on the manual it says that it supports 144hz at native res so im not sure why it does this , windows 10......

If you're using an HDMI cable, try a DP or DVI cable and see if that helps.  As for the screen tearing, you need to make sure that your GPU is able to constantly push out 144fps in the games you're playing, the refresh of your monitor past 60hz is only as fast as how many frames your GPU can draw.  

1 minute ago, kieguru said:

If you're using an HDMI cable, try a DP or DVI cable and see if that helps.  As for the screen tearing, you need to make sure that your GPU is able to constantly push out 144fps in the games you're playing, the refresh of your monitor past 60hz is only as fast as how many frames your GPU can draw.  

Thank you for replying ,  i use DP cable , and most of the games i get 200 + fps thats why i dont know whats causing it its very weird the fps are ok ,temps are fine too , cpu doesnt clock down , i have no idea why it happens , i had better gameplay experience with a older pc from 2014 than this one , and i never used vsync in my life and never had tearing issues 

5 minutes ago, IIGodlikemode said:

Thank you for replying ,  i use DP cable , and most of the games i get 200 + fps thats why i dont know whats causing it its very weird the fps are ok ,temps are fine too , cpu doesnt clock down , i have no idea why it happens , i had better gameplay experience with a older pc from 2014 than this one , and i never used vsync in my life and never had tearing issues 

Yeah that does sound pretty weird. If vsync is capped at 144fps and Freesync is on I'd say it should work fine.  Raise a ticket with MSI and see if they can help, hopefully it will just be a obscure in-monitor setting that needs to be toggled or something.