which software is th best for gaming

hello everyone.

i have hyperx cloud 2 ( don't like the sound card with it ) and asus rog strix b360-g gaming and already have sonic studio 3 which is great and like the soud quality but i want to try other ones like DTS or dolby atmos ( if they are better than the sonic studi 3 ) .

if anyone try them or know anything like them go ahead

4 minutes ago, An_u_bis said:

hello everyone.

i have hyperx cloud 2 ( don't like the sound card with it ) and asus rog strix b360-g gaming and already have sonic studio 3 which is great and like the soud quality but i want to try other ones like DTS or dolby atmos ( if they are better than the sonic studi 3 ) .

if anyone try them or know anything like them go ahead

It's unlikely to make any major difference in audio quality, if a game has a headphone mode just enable that.

If you really want to up your audio game buy a dac/amp

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The dts app for windows 10 seems pretty nice. It can process audio differently based on distance, and it has headphone equalization profiles as well. I haven't used it yet though.

Ideally, you want to be using that with applications that support windows spatial sound. So like, borderlands 3, shadow of the tomb raider, gears of war 5, and call of duty modern warfare, these newer dx12 games can do that.

But for regular virtual 7.1, I've tried what sennheiser uses on the gsx 1000, and it sounds really nice with sennheiser headphones. It's also available through hesuvi if you are willing to set that up right.

The main advantage with object based audio or 7.1 surround sound is that front and back sounds don't get lumped together like they do in stereo.