VM ware performance issue

Dear friends and form members

This is a plea for help

Last week we had a power outage in our facility and ever since we have noted, that our database server is very slow... (VM ware server with virtual machines)

We began to investigate the drives a and everything and the last thing we noticed that the VM has no l1 or l2 or l3 chache values. 

is it possible that during the shutdown the bios or something got reset and the cpus are not working optimally?

Can we assign the cache to the vm in ESXI?

The reason for this conclusion is that a dev server with much older hardware had 3x the performance with the same dataset.

How can we fix this?

Any idea is welcome...

2 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

have you tried a warm reboot through vSphere?

Yes. Now actually my colleagues is checking the BIOS settings on the bare metal... .. So i will let you know about the result...

It sucks to be the new guy at work,  :D

I'm surprised if the esxi host has lost it's settings. I think anything newer than 6.0 should be all good, I have heard of earlier versions being a little messy.

I would check VT-x and VT-d is still enabled, remove and reinstall VMware tools (yea has fixed stuff before, no good reason why it would). Shutdown the VM, remove from inventory and then re-add it. If still not working properly create a new VM and point it to the existing vmdk files.

Also what is the backing storage for the host? Is it using DAS or SAS/FC iSCSI or NFS? 

SOLVED:

The problem was the BIOS on the Dell server. node interleaving switched to disabled and after enabling it it works better now.

Thanks a lot.

5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I would check VT-x and VT-d is still enabled, remove and reinstall VMware tools (yea has fixed stuff before, no good reason why it would). Shutdown the VM, remove from inventory and then re-add it. If still not working properly create a new VM and point it to the existing vmdk files.

Also what is the backing storage for the host? Is it using DAS or SAS/FC iSCSI or NFS? 

Will check that in the evening when everyone leaves the office and we will be able to take the servers down again. ...

But for now its great that the workers can work in the warehouse and the customer service can accept orders .. :D :D thanks again.

Its a SCSI harddrive array.