ENTER MAXWELL

lhikary

Lol didnt even talk about price per performance.

I give the same ammount of fucks as with 700 launch.. were the 680 became a 770 with a mere gpu limited NVIDIA *ment to be limited* boost 2.0

and it costed the same price.

they could dominate the world with rebadge. just some ads and it works!

Ment to rape idiots!*

Honestly at this point NVIDIA prices are the major reason im switching to AMD.

EDIT: Dam. Sorry for the double post.

the only thing nvidia new cards ever ocmpeted with, were the nvidia cards form last generation.

this is almost true.

680 vs 770

670vs 760

Titan vs 780 (ok there is a slight change here, lol)

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

the only thing nvidia new cards ever ocmpeted with, were the nvidia cards form last generation.

this is almost true.

680 vs 770

670vs 760

Titan vs 780 (ok there is a slight change here, lol)

Exactly, Nvidia are hardly going to put out something better when it's only likely to damage sales of their existing cards than take sales from amd, So far it seems the only people who are buying AMD seem to be more concerned with price/performance ratios than just raw performance. I say this because nearly every recommendation for amd is along the lines of: "$$$$" or "I wanted the $$$"  and sometimes the reason includes $$$.

The other reason that Nvidia probably won't release a high end GPU anytime soon is that because whenever AMD release a new card Nvidia just seem to re-badge an old one and unlock a few more features and hey presto they have the fastest card again.  I kinda felt sorry for AMD with all the hype and buildup over what seemed like 6 months for the r series and then Nvidia simply release the 780ti and took the wind right out of all the hype. 

I really am rooting for the red team but you just gotta wonder what their game plan is.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I really am rooting for the red team but you just gotta wonder what their game plan is.

The plan is long term. Unlike NVIDIA who goes for imediat profit regardless.

I hope your right, and they aren't just still in damage control, And that's also assuming Nvidia don't already have their next GPU architecture (after maxwell) in planning if not at the design stages.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I hope your right, and they aren't just still in damage control, And that's also assuming Nvidia don't already have their next GPU architecture (after maxwell) in planning if not at the design stages.

By the time the generation after maxwell comes HSA will be mainstream and we will probably have 3d memory from AMD. There's only so much you can do without changing the core.

Well that sucks... Hopefully the wait will be worth it for when 20nm transistors start getting used.

This concerns me, not because of what these cards are, but because it was already rumored that both Nvidia and AMD are having some serious doubts about the viability of TSMCs 20nm process and this pretty much confirms it. We're now basically moving in to our third generation of the same process node with these cards even though they're branded as 700 series. Die shrinks are becoming increasingly hard and it seems Intel is the only ones that can really push past 28nm right now, and even they are having problems with 14nm

not getting either but its cool to see what they're changing 

im gonna stick with my 780

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

Wait what? The 700s just came out wtf ;-;

Making my 660 feel old

They came bout a while ago

i want the 860 to be priced at $200 and perform better than a 760. THEY CAN DO IT! 

760 performs like a 670 and is priced what, 100 dollars cheaper than a 670 was at launch? I DARE YOU NVIDIA!

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Exactly, Nvidia are hardly going to put out something better when it's only likely to damage sales of their existing cards than take sales from amd, So far it seems the only people who are buying AMD seem to be more concerned with price/performance ratios than just raw performance.

Lol people who dont buy by personal relevancy / price are ignorant. (this includes wealth relativity regarding purchases)

personal relevancy approchaes to quality/ price

did you even know that AMD has the fastest GPU for years.

and if you want to include nvidia optimisations. then AMD has had it for the past 1 year, almost. (hd7990)

Idiots looking at just performance would get a 1000$ gtx 680 and justify it that way. because lets say nvidia have the most powerfull gpu on the planet at arround 1,337x10^1337 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

''So you know it must be good and that it totally makes sense that more $$$$ = more performance ULTRA revolutionary logic'' especially when

Meanwhile AMD sells an equivalent (in everything)  to the 680 at only 300$

while mr. actually has some wisdom in his brain will get the 400$ 680 killer.

*numbers were exagerated, but represent the same logic that I have seen so many times.

If you just understood I called anyone an idiot maybe you should take syntax classes.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Lol people who dont buy by personal relevancy / price are ignorant. (this includes wealth relativity regarding purchases)

personal relevancy approchaes to quality/ price

did you even know that AMD has the fastest GPU for years.

and if you want to include nvidia optimisations. then AMD has had it for the past 1 year, almost. (hd7990)

Idiots looking at just performance would get a 1000$ gtx 680 and justify it that way. because lets say nvidia have the most powerfull gpu on the planet at arround 1,337x10^1337 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

''So you know it must be good and that it totally makes sense that more $$$$ = more performance ULTRA revolutionary logic'' especially when

Meanwhile AMD sells an equivalent (in everything)  to the 680 at only 300$

while mr. actually has some wisdom in his brain will get the 400$ 680 killer.

*numbers were exagerated, but represent the same logic that I have seen so many times.

If you just understood I called anyone an idiot maybe you should take syntax classes.

People who don't care about cost and just want the best they can get are ignorant are they?  Sounds like you had to settle for second best and not entirely content about it.

I am simply not going to be able to win. I just started saving up for my first real build in a LOOONG time and will have 2500 ready in may/early june....So I will probably end up buying a 780 at the same price that it has today, only to get a high end 800 series card released in late 2014...ARgh!

There will always come new stuff but this is different. This is getting stuck right before a potential massive leap in performance.

Argh!

I have generally been a bigger fan of Nvidia than AMD, but I really want the red team to do well. But if your assessment is right, that is a very dangerous strategy.

Because AMD has to survive short term in order to be anything long term and they are not exactly the wealthier side in the contest. I don't like that Nvidia is thinking profit so much but lets face it....The only reason Nvidia is able to do this is because AMD is simply too far behind the game. AMD has been forced to really stress their technology to get near nvidia levels of performance. Thats why we had to wait for non reference coolers to really have a card that can compete AND not get extremely hot.

I really want AMD to succeed because it will force nvidia to go balls to the wall. But I honestly don't think we can blame Nvidia when they aren't forced into delivering something more.

If this was the other way around and Nvidia released a new card, AMD could simply not just adjust a card they already have and then beat the card that Nvidia just released.

I want competition above all.......

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

These aren't Maxwell GPU's and Maxwell isn't a "Kepler refresh". The 700 series was the refresh. Maxwell is by definition a different architecture and on the 20nm process.

These aren't Maxwell GPU's and Maxwell isn't a "Kepler refresh". The 700 series was the refresh. Maxwell is by definition a different architecture and on the 20nm process.

If thats the case, we won't see any maxwells until Q4. 20nm aren't ready before.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Fuck sakes, im getting tired of this gtx 750 talk, comon, we want another high end card so that there is something to talk about..

Oh dangit, the Titan, 780, 780 Classified, 780 Ti, 780 Ti Classified, and even the dual 760 aren't enough for me still ! !

Yet when the next generation of cards comes out, I will feel pissed for buying the previous generation ! !

:P

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

I hope if they release this 750/750Ti the price would be acceptable. Like around $120-$200(I just based it on the specs. :D

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Darn... i thought it would be the time to upgrade to a GTX 870 from my 2 generation old GTX 560 -_-

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Im interested For HTPC usage to replace my 650 Ti boost possibly and for my desktop to replace my 640v1 that runs my auxiliary monitors.

I still think this is a very good move towards the next gen stuff. Considering the power consumption is 75W and powered by PCIE with no external power, with similar performance of the GK107. Imagine what we'll see with the 20NM drop?

Can't wait for 20NM leaks and teasers!

really nVidia already has what they will use AFTER Maxwell in design stages and the only problem with the Maxwell architecture is getting it made which is hard to do in the physical world but it runs wonderous in the vitural world and in prototypes. So really whatever " jump " AMD makes nVidia can just make a simular jump higher than AMD will with their virtual unified memory, 3D memory stacking, and hypothezies about how to stack GPUs one ontop or one below the other.  nVidia is worlds ahead of what we see but they are told by marcketing, PR, and their legal department that they cannot just crush AMD in graphics as for marcketing it would not look good if nVidia has to wait a few years to come out with their next line, PR becuase it will get hard to create hype for a year+ old GPU even if it is better all around though missing the latest and greatest software built into it, and the legal department saying that they cannot crush AMD into the ground and become a monoploy as being a monoploy is illegal in the USA thus they are not willing to give up one of the 2 largest markets in the world.

This concerns me, not because of what these cards are, but because it was already rumored that both Nvidia and AMD are having some serious doubts about the viability of TSMCs 20nm process and this pretty much confirms it. We're now basically moving in to our third generation of the same process node with these cards even though they're branded as 700 series. Die shrinks are becoming increasingly hard and it seems Intel is the only ones that can really push past 28nm right now, and even they are having problems with 14nm

basicly physics like Intel said when they hit a way at 32nm core size but then came up with a new way of just shoveing something on all 4 sides of the 2D die to make it have less leakage and be able to go down to 22nm and hopefully 14nm this year. Now how that applys to nVidia and AMD is both Intels and AMD use central processor units with use the same material as nVidia and AMD are using in GPUs so all 3 of them can only get so small until they will have to 1 not go any smaller or 2 change materials to another to go smaller which in turn will up the cost of the CPU in addition to the ussual uped cost of building a new manufacturing plant to work at the smaller size. The reason why GPU cores are still bigger than CPU cores is becuase each GPU has hundeds more cores than a single CPU which makes the GPU faster in rendering but in that they do have to prevent electrical leakage from one core to the next in all of it which when there are more cores you have more protenial for leakage and sense AMD and nVidia use totally differnet kinds of cores from one another they cannot just share R&D with one another like AMD and Intel have done at times to advace along the way to making a better CPU for us all though ussualy AMD either shareing and/or leaseing technology to Intel and not the other way around even though it does happen sometimes just not as often.

really nVidia already has what they will use AFTER Maxwell in design stages and the only problem with the Maxwell architecture is getting it made which is hard to do in the physical world but it runs wonderous in the vitural world and in prototypes. So really whatever " jump " AMD makes nVidia can just make a simular jump higher than AMD will with their virtual unified memory, 3D memory stacking, and hypothezies about how to stack GPUs one ontop or one below the other.  nVidia is worlds ahead of what we see but they are told by marcketing, PR, and their legal department that they cannot just crush AMD in graphics as for marcketing it would not look good if nVidia has to wait a few years to come out with their next line, PR becuase it will get hard to create hype for a year+ old GPU even if it is better all around though missing the latest and greatest software built into it, and the legal department saying that they cannot crush AMD into the ground and become a monoploy as being a monoploy is illegal in the USA thus they are not willing to give up one of the 2 largest markets in the world.

They couldn't just crush AMD, even if they released everything they are working on right now as market ready products, the market cannot sustain the prices they would have to charge in order to maintain the viability of the R+D they put in to both maxwell and anything else they have on the drawing board.  My comment was merely that at the moment (mainly due to their financial advantage) Nvidia are not struggling and aren't playing catchup with the market, they have reserves to rest on.