Does CPUs and motherboard wear out while in storage

Go to solution Solved by orbitalbuzzsaw,

They get older, but no they do not "wear out". It would be worth cleaning with air to dedust before you build but the thing you are worried about just doesn't happen

So I'm currently planning on building a PC but I wouldn't be able to buy all components on the same time, so im trying to buy a 2-3 components a month starting with a case and ending with a gpu. But one thing I'm afraid of is if my part will die once I connect it.

(I'm using my phone's keyboard spelling mistake might happen)

They get older, but no they do not "wear out". It would be worth cleaning with air to dedust before you build but the thing you are worried about just doesn't happen

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 minutes ago, Alketbi67 said:

Does CPUs and motherboard wear out while in storage

No, as long as it's not an extremely humid storage.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

12 minutes ago, Alketbi67 said:

I wouldn't be able to buy all components on the same time, so im trying to buy a 2-3 components a month starting with a case and ending with a gpu

would suggest waiting and putting aside money and buy everything at once. would suck massivly to receive DOA hardware and not being bale to test it before the return window is out. 

while this wouldnt be an issue with propper consumer protections, not all countries have them. 

Thanks for the help but in my country some part are expensive and shipping can cost over 50$ so yeah thanks anyways I will try to store them.