Want to change to Micro-ATX motherboard

How much of a hit will I see in performance going from  MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC to a ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Motherboard.

Or should I just save more to get ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming Motherboard for when I change to 3700x down the track?

Changing as I want this case SilverStone Precision PS15 TG mATX

Currently have 2600 paired with 1080ti if that matters.

2 minutes ago, badreg said:

Those are ITX boards, not mATX.

Would my original board fit in that case?

If not what motherboards would you suggest?

2 minutes ago, Straussy said:

Would my original board fit in that case?

If not what motherboards would you suggest?

No, your MSI board is ATX. If you are switching to an mATX case, get an mATX board. Otherwise, you're either paying more for an equivalent ITX board, losing out on expandability, or possibly getting worse cooling/VRMs.

Never go for an ITX mobo unless you are putting together a PC with a very petite case.

I am using ITX and miss fan headers for cooling.

Having that said, B450-I Asus Rog Strix is more or less a very good quality board, it's just that if you need more fans for cooling you will find some inconvenience.

There aren't many mATX boards out there, oddly.

Coolermaster NR400 is a very good case. It's like PS15 but with more room for a 240mm Radiator at the top PS15 won't fit for one.

But since you are retrospective about your case, you're limiting your choices.

Case is just a closed container, no need to spend too much as long as it offers good air flow then it's enough for that purpose.

If I were you, I would change the case and find a suitable mobo. Mobo is built to last whereas you can switch your case any time. So don't spend too much on case.

5 hours ago, andypouch said:

There aren't many mATX boards out there, oddly.

Coolermaster NR400 is a very good case. It's like PS15 but with more room for a 240mm Radiator at the top PS15 won't fit for one.

But since you are retrospective about your case, you're limiting your choices.

Case is just a closed container, no need to spend too much as long as it offers good air flow then it's enough for that purpose.

If I were you, I would change the case and find a suitable mobo. Mobo is built to last whereas you can switch your case any time. So don't spend too much on case.

Your case cost more then the one I want and is bigger, I dont plan or want to have water cooling in my system just looking for a smaller pc as mine is a behemonth (Cougar Panzer Dual TG Mid Tower Case) Might have to wait and see if they make any matx boards in the future

5 hours ago, andypouch said:

Never go for an ITX mobo unless you are putting together a PC with a very petite case.

I am using ITX and miss fan headers for cooling.

Having that said, B450-I Asus Rog Strix is more or less a very good quality board, it's just that if you need more fans for cooling you will find some inconvenience.

Your right about the fan headers, didnt realise that before. Thats annoying.