Is it possible to have 1 static Ip shared on a home network.

Just a guy too

So I'm planning to buy static Ip from my network provider, but I have a typical home network(no servers, just router and everyone is having at it) is it possible or do I have to get multiple static IP's for each device? 

NAT allows many devices to share one ip, so only one ip is needed for a home.

Why are you buying a static IP? It won't help you if your not hosting anything. Just save the money and get a dynamic ip.

50 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

NAT allows many devices to share one ip, so only one ip is needed for a home.

Why are you buying a static IP? It won't help you if your not hosting anything. Just save the money and get a dynamic ip.

I wish its that easy, my service provider keeps dropping us off... I know its not me coz i have friends that have the same service and they have the same issue. I was told static ip runs about 18 bucks on a residental service.  So I set up my modem with the static IP and I dont even have to setup my router ? I think they do it on purpose, it happens more than once on a day, sometimes every hour.

14 minutes ago, Just a guy too said:

I wish its that easy, my service provider keeps dropping us off... I know its not me coz i have friends that have the same service and they have the same issue. I was told static ip runs about 18 bucks on a residental service.  So I set up my modem with the static IP and I dont even have to setup my router ? I think they do it on purpose, it happens more than once on a day, sometimes every hour.

A static IP won't resolve that issue. If it's happening every hour, it's not going to be IP negotiation from the ISP, it will likely be an issue with the network or line somewhere. 

You can call your ISP to check though and see how often the IP refreshes.