Retro console

Shogunluffy_1982
11 hours ago, tatte said:

What's the retro camera you used? :o

coughthatXboxcouldemulatetherestcoughXboxmasterracecoughcough

My broken phone touch screen still works that's how and got all the emulators on it will change the hdd to a better one the fan too I buy used old consoles and fiddle around with them if needed but I like em more or less in there original state next is a dreamcast on my list.

19 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

That a Japanese Saturn? Always preferred the way the grey looked on it, though.

Yes my first buy tought was to get the japan model and mod it.

Wow. great collection :D 

the most retro console i have is a ps1. i wish i could get my hands on some really retro consoles like yours. Also. the CRT tv is a great touch for a retro setup ^_^

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 3:16 AM, Zenedge said:

Wow. great collection :D 

the most retro console i have is a ps1. i wish i could get my hands on some really retro consoles like yours. Also. the CRT tv is a great touch for a retro setup ^_^

And if ive had keep them all since childhood id have even more but I can always get what I used to got back again right except my ex girlfriend but that's no issue here lolol....

As a massive Saturn fan, I love that Japanese one (I still have my original Saturn from launch, and an Action Replay to play Japanese releases...still looking for a copy of Super Tempo)!  Have yet to dip into the Japanese console market, though I would love a Japanese Saturn, Famicom, Super Famicom and the pre-SMS Sega releases.  Very nice collection all around!

On 11/4/2019 at 4:11 AM, Brass_01 said:

And if ive had keep them all since childhood id have even more but I can always get what I used to got back again right except my ex girlfriend but that's no issue here lolol....

I'm so sad that I don't have my original NES and Genesis model 2. I think they were stolen during a move because I never found them after. :(

The NES was my first console and I received it as a gift when I was still a kid. I was probably only like five or six. I didn't even know what a console was back then lol. At that age, in that time period, let's just say that Duck Hunt was mind blowing lol.

The Genesis was possibly even more special to me. I remember seeing Sonic playing in a game shop back in the day and them telling me it was only available on the Sega Genesis. From that moment on I had one goal in life and that was to get a Genesis. The first Christmas that came after that encounter, I took all my Christmas money and bought a Genesis model two bundled with Sonic Pinball lol.

So sad they are gone. :(

I still remember that moment Sonic blew my mind with how fast he could run across the screen. Ah, different times back then lol.

10 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I'm so sad that I don't have my original NES and Genesis model 2. I think they were stolen during a move because I never found them after. :(

The NES was my first console and I received it as a gift when I was still a kid. I was probably only like five or six. I didn't even know what a console was back then lol. At that age, in that time period, let's just say that Duck Hunt was mind blowing lol.

The Genesis was possibly even more special to me. I remember seeing Sonic playing in a game shop back in the day and them telling me it was only available on the Sega Genesis. From that moment on I had one goal in life and that was to get a Genesis. The first Christmas that came after that encounter, I took all my Christmas money and bought a Genesis model two bundled with Sonic Pinball lol.

I still remember that moment Sonic blew my mind with how fast he could run across the screen. Ah, different times back then lol.

Wow, that's a real shame that happened!  I can't imagine how I'd respond if I found out my consoles had been stolen, especially when they're ones you've owned for years!  My condolences, that's really awful.  People don't realize the memories attached to peoples' belongings when they take them, they just see potential dollar signs, it's such a horrible act.

I ordered now halo and ninja gaiden for my xbox and since it's mod chip  I ordered a ata to sata thing to try put a sata hdd or ssd would it work?

16 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Here's my latest buy!

IMG_20191109_091737120.jpg

18 hours ago, Brass_01 said:

I ordered now halo and ninja gaiden for my xbox and since it's mod chip  I ordered a ata to sata thing to try put a sata hdd or ssd would it work?

You can add a SATA hdd to an original Xbox, but I'm not sure if an SSD is possible or even really worthwhile since I don't think an SSD will necessarily give you any performance increase with an original Xbox, and I believe it's limited to 2TB either way, so be mindful of that!

an XBMC user did post a guide that could be quite helpful for you: https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=649

3 hours ago, PGen98 said:

You can add a SATA hdd to an original Xbox, but I'm not sure if an SSD is possible or even really worthwhile since I don't think an SSD will necessarily give you any performance increase with an original Xbox, and I believe it's limited to 2TB either way, so be mindful of that!

an XBMC user did post a guide that could be quite helpful for you: https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=649

I ordered this for ata to sata then I will need the hdd I already got the boot loader dvd to format and install hope this works out will post something when it's done.

sata ide.jpg

14 hours ago, PGen98 said:

It may be worth it for the convenience factor. SATA has been around for so long now that some people may just have them sitting around. Plus, you can get bigger sizes. I just checked Amazon and found an IDE 500GB but I didn't see anything bigger than that.

But honestly, unless you want to fill up your drive with every game out there, you don't need a big drive. I used to have a 300 some GB drive in mine and I downgraded it to a 160GB because I just wasn't using the space. I just threw the other drive in my server.

I may upgrade it again though once I have space to start adding to my game collection and then I'll rip them all.

10 hours ago, Brass_01 said:

I ordered this for ata to sata then I will need the hdd I already got the boot loader dvd to format and install hope this works out will post something when it's done.

When I modded mine, I was an idiot and went super cheap and ordered one from China for a few bucks. Honestly, it worked perfect and I had actually ordered a couple so I ended up using the other one in my friend's XBox when I softmodded it for him. We both had zero problems. The problem was I waited like two or three weeks for it. Now I just Amazon or Newegg everything lol.

12 hours ago, Brass_01 said:

Hopefully it all goes well!  Always nice to have the games ripped and a little extra space for growth.

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

It may be worth it for the convenience factor. SATA has been around for so long now that some people may just have them sitting around. Plus, you can get bigger sizes. I just checked Amazon and found an IDE 500GB but I didn't see anything bigger than that.

But honestly, unless you want to fill up your drive with every game out there, you don't need a big drive. I used to have a 300 some GB drive in mine and I downgraded it to a 160GB because I just wasn't using the space. I just threw the other drive in my server.

I may upgrade it again though once I have space to start adding to my game collection and then I'll rip them all.

That's a point I hadn't really considered, but very true.  A lot of people do have the odd SSD lying around these days, and why not throw it in there if it'll work, fair enough.  Also very true that 2TB is somewhat overkill for the average collection, I was just pointing out that 2TB is the max you can add to an original Xbox :).

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

When I modded mine, I was an idiot and went super cheap and ordered one from China for a few bucks. Honestly, it worked perfect and I had actually ordered a couple so I ended up using the other one in my friend's XBox when I softmodded it for him. We both had zero problems. The problem was I waited like two or three weeks for it. Now I just Amazon or Newegg everything lol.

Ouch, that's quite the shipping time!  I don't blame you for being a bit impatient with that sort of a wait!

18 hours ago, PGen98 said:

Hopefully it all goes well!  Always nice to have the games ripped and a little extra space for growth.

That's a point I hadn't really considered, but very true.  A lot of people do have the odd SSD lying around these days, and why not throw it in there if it'll work, fair enough.  Also very true that 2TB is somewhat overkill for the average collection, I was just pointing out that 2TB is the max you can add to an original Xbox :).

Ouch, that's quite the shipping time!  I don't blame you for being a bit impatient with that sort of a wait!

well it did not I formatted the original hdd I install the avalunch dashboard without reinstalling the Microsoft one  don't ask why and bricked the hdd but im waiting on the adapter to put a sata hdd or ssd and my old computer that has the ata ports to format the original hdd but I need to put a windows on that pc wont boot install win 7 from the usb got to get a dvd drive for that pc it's all fixable I know but some parts missing dang took pictures of what im going trough just for fun that old 2700xp x850pro 2 gb ddr1 400 system lolol.

IMG_20191111_152031642.jpg

IMG_20191111_152042406.jpg

IMG_20191111_152051054.jpg

IMG_20191111_152109511.jpg

IMG_20191111_152120296.jpg

IMG_20191111_152129747.jpg

That's excellent, glad you got it sorted enough to get access to it!  Hopefully it's all smooth sailing and you're up and running!

5 hours ago, PGen98 said:

That's excellent, glad you got it sorted enough to get access to it!  Hopefully it's all smooth sailing and you're up and running!

played ninja gaiden last night in chapter 3 now just its in a double folder allow me to explain it's in ninja gaiden/Ninja Gaiden/ then game files...like this I only can access the game in files folder minor problem  I don't see it in the avalunch games folder il fix this then I will get a bigger hdd or ssd.

Well at least you're at the point where you can play games, just a little folder redundancy issue shouldn't be too much to sort out.  That's excellent, you're pretty much good to go!?