< ̄`ヽ、       /  ̄ >

ゝ、  \ /⌒ヽ,ノ   /´

ゝ、 ( ( ͡◉ ͜> ͡◉) /

>     ,ノ

sorry for my bat englandski

1 minute ago, gta6287 said:

Is there such thing?

What are you trying to do

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What are you trying to do

Dunno. Asking for friend. He just wants that specific cable

< ̄`ヽ、       /  ̄ >

ゝ、  \ /⌒ヽ,ノ   /´

ゝ、 ( ( ͡◉ ͜> ͡◉) /

>     ,ノ

sorry for my bat englandski

9 minutes ago, gta6287 said:

Is there such thing?

I can think of just one device .... some usb capture capture card.

ex Epiphan VGA2USB : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Epiphan-VGA2USB-LR-portable-USB-Video-Grabber/123888712833?hash=item1cd857bc81:g:tH8AAOSwWDxdZVUU

or this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vidyo-Room-VGA2USB-Portable-External-VGA-Screen-Capture-Device/401842605890?hash=item5d8faf8f42:g:GNgAAOSw~hpdTbVu

If he wants to capture stuff, it would better to use HDMI to capture, or DVI, or Displayport.

18 minutes ago, gta6287 said:

Dunno. Asking for friend. He just wants that specific cable

Well I don't know what he's trying to do, but it's probably not going to work like that

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

There are a few different types similar to what you are asking about, i.e. a USB connection to a VGA connection and all seem to be available on the inter-webs.

USB 3.1 type C to VGA (female) and USB with power delivery, adapter.

USB type C to VGA adapter cable (male).

USB 3.1 type C to VGA converter (female).

Lastly and probably the closest to the correct answer would be...USB 3.0 to VGA adapter (female).

However, that output is through the female coupling so your friend would also need the VGA gender changer, HD15 Male/Male adapter.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

Yes, but those are "video cards" and usually there's two versions

1. software video card: you install a driver on the computer which creates a software video card and the driver sends the fake screen bitmap to the chip on the USB and the chip produces a vga signal. These use a lot of cpu especially if it's not highly compressible data (like application windows with lots of blank space), if you watch a movie where everything changes from frame to frame, the cpu goes up

2. some kind of thunderbold/ hdmi/displayport over usb type c  adapter, where the laptop or whatever has to support redirection of video card image through usb type c ... then the chip on the usb receives hdmi/displayport signal and converts that to vga signal

Basically these two kinds are one direction only ... from usb to vga ... not the other way around.

I gave example in my post above of  capture cards, which basically take analogue signal and convert it to digital and you have it available on your computer through usb, basically as if you're watching a usb webcam.

I originally thought the guy wants some kind of long range extension for vga, but usb isn't good for that... there are VGA to coaxial/BNC or ethernet converters if length is the purpose.