Petition for the Server Room to Get a Full Actual Set

Greetings guys,

I have joined the forums today for this sole purpose: to propose a proper set for the server room.

Although not brought up often, when a video is made that revolves around the server room it is clearly not up to the standards that we have seen from LMG. What is the production quality of a closet?

I feel that for how important it is, a typical server closet does not do it justice, and does not fit the LMG style. Furthermore Linus loves messing around with that stuff, he has true passion for it. Watching a passionate man play with his enterprise toys makes for good content IMO. I believe a proper set would open up the doors for future videos of Linus geeking out, because he would have way more options and less limitations. 

In my head I see a proper sized room, sealed, insulated, fireproof, dust filtered, and maybe even having an air shower system, because why not — it seems like something Linus would do. It would have it's own climate control, and maybe even some active noise cancellation technology which would make a great video as well. Finally, RGB of course. The whole room. Those are just my assumptions on what the team would do, but I am sure you guys have a lot of suggestions as well.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback,

Cheerio

–madscience2728

2 minutes ago, madscience2728 said:

a proper set for the server room.

Well, you see the problem is that the server room isn't a "set". It's a functioning server. It's not there for decoration.

2 minutes ago, madscience2728 said:

In my head I see a proper sized room, sealed, insulated, fireproof, dust filtered, and maybe even having an air shower system, because why not — it seems like something Linus would do. It would have it's own climate control, and maybe even some active noise cancellation technology which would make a great video as well. Finally, RGB of course. The whole room. Those are just my assumptions on what the team would do, but I am sure you guys have a lot of suggestions as well.

Seems like a huge waste of money for something they simply do not need. Considering most of LMG's peers in the industry (tech youtubers) are using Synology NAS's sitting on the floor under their desk or heck some are even just using plastic tubs full of external drives (check out the LTT collab videos with Gavin from the slowmo guys and Destin from Smarter every day) I think LMG is already rocking a pretty impressive server set up.

I would recommend checking out Level1Techs youtube channel if you want to see more server focused content.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

In the first episode of Leverage, they needed a server room to steal drives from, so they build one using plywood and christmas lights.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Imagine if they built this set then Linus did a fire drill with a fake fire in the room. 

That would be hilarious.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I was wondering this myself, I would love to see a video where Linus, Anthony and Jack are setting up a "real" server room with really expensive parts that they don't really need.

But I guess that we can't have everything in life, I am also rooting for new videos inside the workshop and about the new LAN center. They could do a lot more videos on how life is working at LMG. Maybe we just have to be a bit more patient. 

On 10/22/2019 at 2:13 PM, GreatWhiteWine said:

I was wondering this myself, I would love to see a video where Linus, Anthony and Jack are setting up a "real" server room with really expensive parts that they don't really need.

But I guess that we can't have everything in life, I am also rooting for new videos inside the workshop and about the new LAN center. They could do a lot more videos on how life is working at LMG. Maybe we just have to be a bit more patient. 

They occasionally do BTS videos for Floatplane. But currently any "daily stuff" videos are made whenever someone decides to shower them some money.

Server stuff has been features quite a lot, that is considering that Linus is complete noob with servers and has to have consult to do any of that stuff. Workshop videos are probably coming now that it has been setup. LAN center videos, well they use it to test stuff. But would you like to have camera constantly on you? LAN center is supposed to be place where they can chill without being on camera.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv