GPU artifacting only in chrome

saminam

Hi, as the title says my GPU (GTX 1070 mini) seems to be artifacting while in chrome. specifically when watching youtube videos. After noticing this i went ahead and launched DOOM in ultra settings to see if it would work or artifact. Nothing. I played for a solid 20 minutes or so and my GPU hit 79 degrees. If i go back to the youtube video i noticed it on its still there with or without hardware acceleration. Also the drivers are up to date. Is this an early sign to start saving for a new GPU ? Any help is appreciated and i can answer any questions that would help understand more about this.

Does this happen often? In my RX480's case I've had similar issues appearing in Chrome based applications on occasion and it was only isolated to that. I've had my GPU for more than 3 years now and it runs completely fine. The issue might not be with the GPU, rather a fault in the driver or the application itself. But since you're with an NVIDIA card, not sure if it is the same in your case.

1 hour ago, Murasaki said:

Does this happen often? In my RX480's case I've had similar issues appearing in Chrome based applications on occasion and it was only isolated to that. I've had my GPU for more than 3 years now and it runs completely fine. The issue might not be with the GPU, rather a fault in the driver or the application itself. But since you're with an NVIDIA card, not sure if it is the same in your case.

Yeah im not really sure. I did run my card at absolute max settings on doom. Surely that would have flagged some errors ? I also tried more youtube videos and none of them had it. I thought i was going crazy and maybe the video itself actually had those effects in it (It was the ashton kutcher hot ones video at around the first bite) Idk if you know but they tend to edit in weird effects to simulate the spicyness effect. But no when i go to another browser or phone its not there. Games seem to work fine so i guess its a case of hoping it survives until black friday or smthn ?

33 minutes ago, saminam said:

Yeah im not really sure. I did run my card at absolute max settings on doom. Surely that would have flagged some errors ? I also tried more youtube videos and none of them had it. I thought i was going crazy and maybe the video itself actually had those effects in it (It was the ashton kutcher hot ones video at around the first bite) Idk if you know but they tend to edit in weird effects to simulate the spicyness effect. But no when i go to another browser or phone its not there. Games seem to work fine so i guess its a case of hoping it survives until black friday or smthn ?

Just like my case this might happen only on a rare occasion. Though this doesn't happen to me anymore so I have a strong belief my GPU doesn't have any issue. I hope its the same for you. If it becomes common (shows in games and other applications) and your card is still in warranty you can try to RMA it.

52 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Just like my case this might happen only on a rare occasion. Though this doesn't happen to me anymore so I have a strong belief my GPU doesn't have any issue. I hope its the same for you. If it becomes common (shows in games and other applications) and your card is still in warranty you can try to RMA it.

Yeah that sounds good. Where exactly will i find if my card is in warranty ? I ordered it from amazon if thats any help

5 minutes ago, saminam said:

Yeah that sounds good. Where exactly will i find if my card is in warranty ? I ordered it from amazon if thats any help

I don't know how amazon handles it but the stores where I buy my hardware it comes with the invoice.

57 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

I don't know how amazon handles it but the stores where I buy my hardware it comes with the invoice.

I will take a look thanks for the help!

@saminam

What happens when you swipe the option "Use hardware acceleration when available" in advanced Chrome options and relaunch?

chrome://settings/system

Edit: Somehow managed to skip reading that already tested ....

I edit my posts more often than not

8 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

@saminam

What happens when you swipe the option "Use hardware acceleration when available" in advanced Chrome options and relaunch?

chrome://settings/system

I did say " If i go back to the youtube video i noticed it on its still there with or without hardware acceleration"