Svchost.exe Spiking Up My Memory

This happened for a few minutes yesterday, but today, it has been like this for a couple of hours now. 

Just after startup, my pc would not be able to do almost anything, not even a 'refresh'

I then opened up the task manager, and found that an svchost was using up around 800k to 900k of memory[check screenshot_1]. I then right clicked on it and went to see which services come under this host. check screenshot_2 which i have uploaded to see the list.

So i started  to see which of the services was causing an issue, i disable a few, had to go to safe mode to do it, but it still kept on spiking the memory high. It also rendering my internet to be useless, its very slow now, and cant do a thing. I then found out that BITS[background intelligent transfer service] may be the cause of this problem. 

I found it by monitoring task manager just after startup and kept checking the services tab to see which one was causing the problem. It seems that BITS, as soon as it starts, there is an increase in cpu, but it cools down, but the memory stays up no matter what i try to do. I went to safemode again to disable it. After disabling BITS, i restart in normal mode, but then BITS startsup again and memory spikes again. I went into its properties and its startup is set to 'automatic[delayed]', which i remember setting to disable so that it doesnt start. I again went to safe mode to disable it, but its keeps on changing back to automatic delayed, and I am now stuck with doing nothing at all   :(

please help, asap

Edit: I looked up, Bits client in the event logger, and its seems to be that its trying start a transfer job, but it fails, and it keeps on doing it again and again, in the last 10mins, it has created around 1500 entries in the event logger of the transfer job being started and also about them being failed. Maybe stopping this can help me, but I have no idea on what needs to be done

post-7527-0-84642700-1367040792.png

post-7527-0-73035200-1367040824.png

Edited by razersum

BITS normally gets run when Windows is performing updates.

I'm not sure as to why it would keep failing, but I have some ideas that I can try to give you help with.

Are you using Microsoft Security Essentials/installing Windows updates? Both of those could be running the BITS service, and failing somehow.

Zephyr:

3770k (Stock clock) w/ Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R | 16GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz | 2x Radeon HD 6950 (Reference, stock clock) | Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200w | 60GB SSD Boot, 750GB HDD Media, 1TB HDD Programs