weird wifi behaviours on work's guest network

rice guru

I started a new job they offer 3 different neworks 2 are private one is public the workers without any especial priveledges are only allowed on the  mpublic guest net work it does the thing where when you connect to it you have to accept the terms and conditions when I do my phone connects to it but nothing works no youtube , not reddit nothing except for facebook weirdly enough. I am thinking something in my phone's settings could be causing an I issue. I use a one plus 6T. Everyone I have asked about say their stuff works fine so I don't know at this point.

you sure that stuff isnt blocked on their network i have set our guest network at my work to only 10mbps bandwith even though we have a 10gig line as well as blocking all social media as our office has alot of stuff under embargos and ndas ect. so to try and minimise leaks that stuff is blocked 

I lurk a lot

3 minutes ago, peej said:

you sure that stuff isnt blocked on their network i have set our guest network at my work to only 10mbps bandwith even though we have a 10gig line as well as blocking all social media as our office has alot of stuff under embargos and ndas ect. so to try and minimise leaks that stuff is blocked 

yes I'm sure it isn't blocked I've seen people use it and  because the companies own website isn't working as well as gmail or outloo whic the company uses.

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

yes I'm sure it isn't blocked I've seen people use it and  because the companies own website isn't working as well as gmail or outloo whic the company uses.

DId you submit a ticket to IT about this? They know their network much better than we do.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

DId you submit a ticket to IT about this? They know their network much better than we do.

I have tried but IT hasn't goptten back to me. so I am seeing if anyone has a clue so I can juts try to fix it myself

Just now, rice guru said:

I have tried but IT hasn't goptten back to me. so I am seeing if anyone has a clue so I can juts try to fix it myself

just give them some time I get about 20/30 tickets a day at my office and ill be honest somthing like this is a low proity issue as it has no inpact on the business 

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, peej said:

just give them some time I get about 20/30 tickets a day at my office and ill be honest somthing like this is a low proity issue as it has no inpact on the business 

that's what I though and the reason why I'm just trying to fix it myself and with like 3-400 employees daily I'm sure it's more trouble than it's worth