Fan Layout Reccomendations

kgmrjordan

Screenshot_20191018-094707_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d46c756ee18266a50755353c3ae24182.jpgMorning guys, So ive just ordered my new build and i thought i'd get to planning how im going to lay everything out, and one thing im not so savy in is the layout of the fans/position, which ones i would want for intake/exaust. I've chosen a Msi Gungnir 100, I have 5 120mm fans at my disposal and will also be using a 240mm Radiator for cpu cooling.

Im guessing that the way to go would be having the radiator mounted in the top and 3 fans in the front with 1 or two at the back exausting hot air out? Although it is possible to have the radiator mounted at the front aswell, What do you guys recommend

MSI Mid Tower Case.jpeg

I recommend all intake fans to be filtered and for all outtake fans it doesn't matter. Positive air pressure inside the case is recommended.

So this is what you should do:

3 front fans as intake.

1 back fan as outtake.

Radiator fans on the top as intake (if there's a filter. if not then outtake).

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

53 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I recommend all intake fans to be filtered and for all outtake fans it doesn't matter. Positive air pressure inside the case is recommended.

So this is what you should do:

3 front fans as intake.

1 back fan as outtake.

Radiator fans on the top as intake (if there's a filter. if not then outtake).

Thanks very much for the reply :) So if theres no filter i should have the AIO fans Pushing air out, why is that? 

7 minutes ago, kgmrjordan said:

So if theres no filter i should have the AIO fans Pushing air out, why is that? 

It's just to prevent dust from getting in the system, so you will have to clean it less often.

Note: If you want to have optimal temps on the CPU and there is no filter on the top I'd recommend moving the radiator down to the front and take the 2 fans from there and place them as outtakes at the top.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

Its just to prevent dust from getting in the system, so you will have to clean i less often.

Note: If you want to have optimal temps on the CPU and there is no filter on the top I'd recommend moving the radiator down to the front and take the 2 fans from there and place them as outtakes at the top.

So front mount the radiator and position it as intake and have fans mounted on the top and back to exaust, cool, thanks for the response and the help

I agree with all intakes being filtered, although Personally I prefer neutral airflow. In as much as out, to keep the flow moving. either will work fine, you wont notice a difference.

What you have in mind seems fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The best is three on the front, preferably 140mm, one on the bottom if you have a graphics card with two fans. The cabinet with some base to make it a little higher is also good. You should also remove all pcie slots from the cabinet. That's my recommendation.