EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|ngp|n Edition

Ok, so I just watched Linus's video on evga's 780ti Kingpin card. The second he said that he would do the benchmark without putting any sort of unlocked bios on it or overclocking the S**T out of that card I got so mad. This was only because the point of a card so powerful (from nvidia) is to put a costum bios on it only because with nvidia's lock the clock speed down and everything it would be pointless to buy it over a regular 780 ti. What i am really trying to say is that linus did not really understand what that card was made for. and I just really want him to do a video were he overclocks it to its max performance(I really don't care if he takes the stock cooler off). pls respond and tell me your opinions about this topic.

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

Ok, so I just watched Linus's video on evga's 780ti Kingpin card. The second he said that he would do the benchmark without putting any sort of unlocked bios on it or overclocking the S**T out of that card I got so mad. This was only because the point of a card so powerful (from nvidia) is to put a costum bios on it only because with nvidia's lock the clock speed down and everything it would be pointless to buy it over a regular 780 ti. What i am really trying to say is that linus did not really understand what that card was made for. and I just really want him to do a video were he overclocks it to its max performance(I really don't care if he takes the stock cooler off). pls respond and tell me your opinions about this topic.

uh, no. he said because he does not want to do it because he is not into the whole extreme overclocking scene, to be honest he never even said he wouldnt.

Are you going to pay for him to buy the EK blocks and the rest of the watercooling gear? What about a phase change cooler or, better yet, LN2 pots, insulation, dewars/flasks and LN2 itself? Reviewers like Linus can only do so much from their own pocket. My only issue was that the card, in its highly limited nature to buyers and reviewers, should have gone to reviewers who were going to at least water cool them.

The benchmarks are supposed to be numbers that YOU can achieve. Most of his viewers would probably brick their card if they put a custom BIOS on it, and Linus would then be held accountable for their bricked card. That is why he doesn't do this. I would like to see LinusTech's opinion on this

Many Computers

Very Smart

Wow

Still I would like to see Linus put a waterblock on it and overclock it to the highest it can go. The card isn't made for gaming or anything else except to get as high of an OC as possible and to get the highest benchmark scores possible. Linus should have tested it against a 680 Classified with a water block and any other cards that are specifically designed for overclocking and getting high benchmark scores. THe price is the same thing, the price doesn't matter when the card is being given to you so you can OC it for sponsorship money. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

uh, no. he said because he does not want to do it because he is not into the whole extreme overclocking scene, to be honest he never even said he wouldnt.

yes i see your point but what i was saying is that the point of the card was not to run it at stock config but to as linus said do balls to the walls overclocking. I have not done mush to any reaseardh on the topic but he does oc on all of his cards and what i said was even if he did it with the stock cooler it came with most people would still like to see what kind of oc he could get.

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

yes i see your point but what i was saying is that the point of the card was not to run it at stock config but to as linus said do balls to the walls overclocking. I have not done mush to any reaseardh on the topic but he does oc on all of his cards and what i said was even if he did it with the stock cooler it came with most people would still like to see what kind of oc he could get.

he probably did it with the stock bios and OC'd it as far as it could go. as slick said at the end of the video lots of "unofficial" recommendations, they even linked the recommended aftermarket bios to use, so they basically unofficially reccomended if you were to buy this card then you'd be able to overclock it to a ridiculous level