Low FPS with GTX 1080

Randomizer23

Hey guys I was benchmarking Rainbow Six Siege and for some reason my fps feels like its lower than it should be....... I have gsync enabled if that helps. For some reason my GPU usage is lower than 90 in the pictures yet i am still getting 140 fps thats good but it feels like I should be getting more since in the screen shots my gpu usage was only around 50-60

https://imgur.com/a/aIQhphM

Seems like your FPS is locked to 140, what do you expect?
If the cap is at 140fps then GPU doesn't push its limits and so doesn't utilize to the max, try to turn off Gsync/vsync/fps limit etc and see what happens. 

Also R6 isn't demanding game for a GPU, so it's normal to have below 99% usage.

its not like its a well optimized game

on top of it, what do you want? is 140 not good or something? It's not low for a 1080

theyre just really bad at making a game

you can only 'expect' 200+ on cs go lol

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

1 hour ago, Exaco said:

Seems like your FPS is locked to 140, what do you expect?
If the cap is at 140fps then GPU doesn't push its limits and so doesn't utilize to the max, try to turn off Gsync/vsync/fps limit etc and see what happens. 

Also R6 isn't demanding game for a GPU, so it's normal to have below 99% usage.

It was not capped....

22 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

its not like its a well optimized game

on top of it, what do you want? is 140 not good or something? It's not low for a 1080

theyre just really bad at making a game

you can only 'expect' 200+ on cs go lol

Is there a reason for the low gpu usage other than bad optimizations? Because from what ive seen from becnharks with the 1080 at 1440p it goes from 140 to 160 ultra...

its prolly just a cpu dependent game

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Need actual info to know why it’s not doing more. 

Testing the gpu in benchmarks to ensure it does reach 100%. Watching the ram and cpu usage. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

15 hours ago, Randomizer23 said:

Hey guys I was benchmarking Rainbow Six Siege and for some reason my fps feels like its lower than it should be....... I have gsync enabled if that helps. For some reason my GPU usage is lower than 90 in the pictures yet i am still getting 140 fps thats good but it feels like I should be getting more since in the screen shots my gpu usage was only around 50-60

https://imgur.com/a/aIQhphM

Rainbow doesn't go high. I have an rtx 2080 my fps is like 150 when in some games I get over 200-300 your gpu is just fine it's the game. As far as I know it doesn't allow you to unlock your fps idk if they changed it now