Best Microphone settup under 150$

NonRelyable

Have been searching for a while down, but no matter how much I search I have no idea what to get.

What I do:

- YouTube

- Singing

Budget is 150$ usd for the a Microphone, interface (if needed), Stand, Shock Mount, Pop Filter.

Thanks for any responses / help.

Blue Yeti (80Hz-15000Hz response) or Blue Yeti Pro (15Hz-22000Hz response), there is a somewhat limited amount of good quality mics for cheap, but by far the most popular and trustworthy would be either of the Blue Yeti mics, paired with the Peyou Pop Filter & Windscreen cover (bundled), a Neewer Universal Microphone shockmount, and basically any heavy-duty stand that can hold up the heavy asf Yeti.

Any cheaper than about a $120 USD Mic + roughly $30 USD for stands, filters & shockmounts etc. usually results in poor audio quality.

I personally use a Blue Yeti Blackout Edition and am also looking at stands, shockmounts & filters for my setup as well.

29 minutes ago, KnowledgeByTech said:

Blue Yeti (80Hz-15000Hz response) or Blue Yeti Pro (15Hz-22000Hz response), there is a somewhat limited amount of good quality mics for cheap, but by far the most popular and trustworthy would be either of the Blue Yeti mics, paired with the Peyou Pop Filter & Windscreen cover (bundled), a Neewer Universal Microphone shockmount, and basically any heavy-duty stand that can hold up the heavy asf Yeti.

Any cheaper than about a $120 USD Mic + roughly $30 USD for stands, filters & shockmounts etc. usually results in poor audio quality.

sadly bue yeti isnt ver good unless you plug it in to a interface through XLR but then might as well get a better cheaper XLR mic. and USB on i isn't great and basically sounds like a blue snowball whne plugged through USB. personallyu I would save up an extra like $50 for this setup instead from your initial budget https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Studio-Interface-Recording/dp/B01E6T50BO/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=scarlett+2i2&qid=1571097358&sr=8-6

If you don't mind waiting, here is the ultimate price to performance setup: 

Mic : $27 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974286128.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2fa059099hpihw&algo_pvid=8f75026f-783a-4b33-b57f-84b76eaa8238&algo_expid=8f75026f-783a-4b33-b57f-84b76eaa8238-1&btsid=16c323bd-1a17-4aac-9dc7-390fc4f54d1d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_55

Mic arm from amazon : $10-20

And depending on if you're interested in two inputs for an instrument, you can just get the Scarlett solo for $110 from amazon, or get the 2i2/ur22/etc if you want two inputs

The mic is an e945 clone, but sounds better than all my friend's mics who spent sometimes up to 10x. I know it sounds a little sketchy, but trust me, the sound is fantastic

On 10/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, RobFRaschke said:

Already seen it, also not really relevant to the question.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:24 PM, KnowledgeByTech said:

I don't like Blue's line-up because of hearing its performance and not being satisfied.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, rice guru said:

sadly bue yeti isnt ver good unless you plug it in to a interface through XLR but then might as well get a better cheaper XLR mic. and USB on i isn't great and basically sounds like a blue snowball whne plugged through USB. personallyu I would save up an extra like $50 for this setup instead from your initial budget https://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlett-Studio-Interface-Recording/dp/B01E6T50BO/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=scarlett+2i2&qid=1571097358&sr=8-6

I would, but I am not sure about spending the extra 50. One thing I was thinking of however is https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B0006H92QK with some interface, stand, and pop filter. What are your thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, uadpjones said:

If you don't mind waiting, here is the ultimate price to performance setup: 

Mic : $27 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974286128.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2fa059099hpihw&algo_pvid=8f75026f-783a-4b33-b57f-84b76eaa8238&algo_expid=8f75026f-783a-4b33-b57f-84b76eaa8238-1&btsid=16c323bd-1a17-4aac-9dc7-390fc4f54d1d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_55

Mic arm from amazon : $10-20

And depending on if you're interested in two inputs for an instrument, you can just get the Scarlett solo for $110 from amazon, or get the 2i2/ur22/etc if you want two inputs

The mic is an e945 clone, but sounds better than all my friend's mics who spent sometimes up to 10x. I know it sounds a little sketchy, but trust me, the sound is fantastic

I don't trust Aliexpress and it sounds a bit sketchy. Not interested in duel input.

4 minutes ago, Tesuki said:

I would, but I am not sure about spending the extra 50. One thing I was thinking of however is https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B0006H92QK with some interface, stand, and pop filter. What are your thoughts on this?

sound great if you want to drop the cash

18 hours ago, rice guru said:

sound great if you want to drop the cash

What interface / stand / pop filter should I get ( / does it matter) also is a shock mount worth it?

On 10/15/2019 at 9:15 PM, Tesuki said:

Already seen it, also not really relevant to the question.

I don't like Blue's line-up because of hearing its performance and not being satisfied.

I don't trust Aliexpress and it sounds a bit sketchy. Not interested in duel input.

The scarlett solo isn't dual input. You should probably save up some more because you'll either be cutting corners on the mic or interface if you don't take advantage of aliexpress