PC just randomly won't POST until 6-pin power on GPU removed and put back again

A friend called me and I went to his place then he told what's goin' on with his PC. Fan spins and the lights... uhmmm.., lights up but no display. Back light on keyboard(and num lock) and mouse won't light up as well. When you press the power button, it'll just turns OFF in just a snap, not like a normal shutdown wherein it will wait a few seconds before turning off completely. All of that until you remove and connect back again the 6-pin on the GPU and it will magically boots up like nothing happened.

It is running w/ a i7 2700k, Biostar TZ68K+, GTX 1060, and 2 sticks of 4gb RAM. Forgot what's PSU on it.

We already did the good ol' reseating, cleaned the contacts, blow air to remove some dust, and even reapply thermal paste both the GPU and CPU.

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

Sounds like PSU to me. Should try a different unit to be sure.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 hours ago, Faisal A said:

Probably the PSU. When the GPU is powered, it is probably taking too much energy lowering the voltage

2 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Sounds like PSU to me. Should try a different unit to be sure.

Yeah. That's what I'm thinking too because if the GPU's the one who's having issue (tho there's a debug led on the mobo itself and it is throwing a GPU error), it will boot normally and will just default to Intel's HD graphics as primary display. I'll just gonna try to use my own PSU to his PC and see if the issue still persist. Thanks guys.

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System