Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

No, PCI is far too old and outdated

is there an alternative?

4 minutes ago, toooldpc said:

is there an alternative?

Not really, no.

Why are you using an NVMe SSD on such an old board anyway?

PCIe 2.0 x1 is limited to 500MB/s and will hold back the NVMe drive anyway netting you no benefit over a standard SATA SSD

PCI is going to limit you to something like 133MB/s or 266MB/s, far below what PCIe can offer making an NVMe SSD worthless

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Not really, no.

PCIe 2.0 x1 is limited to 500MB/s and will hold back the NVMe drive anyway netting you no benefit over a standard SATA SSD

there is no reason, i just want to test it

1 minute ago, toooldpc said:

there is no reason, i just want to test it

NVMe is based on PCIe and PCIe isn't compatible with PCI anyway so there is no way to do it regardless.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

What motherboard and CPU do you have and what else do you have installed in the PCI(e) slots? :)

26 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Because not everyone swims in money or needs the latest and greatest, and a new SSD could be an upgrade that goes with you to a new board.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

41 minutes ago, toooldpc said:

i have motherboard lga 1155

and it has pcie x1 slot and pci

i put  my nvme ssd with pci express 1 card

and i need one for pci slot

i cant find it

is that really exist?

You can use a pcie x1 card to get a nvme drive in your system but:

1. It will be slower than a regular cheaper sata ssd due to the x1 slot speed limit since it's an old version
2. You cannot boot from a pcie drive on your system since it has no support. So it will be a storage only drive which is a waste for nvme drives.

3. It may simply not work as people have experienced in the past with adapters on platforms that were released before official nvme drive support.

Tl:dr really expensive slower than a cheap sata ssd mass storage device that may not even work

9 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

What motherboard and CPU do you have and what else do you have installed in the PCI(e) slots? :)

Because not everyone swims in money or needs the latest and greatest, and a new SSD could be an upgrade that goes with you to a new board.

i7 3770, the motherboard that i want to install a nvme ssd on it, is asrock b75m-gl

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You can use a pcie x1 card to get a nvme drive in your system but:

1. It will be slower than a regular cheaper sata ssd due to the x1 slot speed limit since it's an old version
2. You cannot boot from a pcie drive on your system since it has no support. So it will be a storage only drive which is a waste for nvme drives.

3. It may simply not work as people have experienced in the past with adapters on platforms that were released before official nvme drive support.

Tl:dr really expensive slower than a cheap sata ssd mass storage device that may not even work

i know about the speed, my friend gave his nvme ssd to me

and i dont use it to boot an os

6 minutes ago, toooldpc said:

i7 3770, the motherboard that i want to install a nvme ssd on it, is asrock b75m-gl

Do you have something installed in the bottom PCI-e 16x slot? It's gen 2.0 so should be fast enough to take advantage of the extra NVMe speeds, and adapters are available for that. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

2 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Do you have something installed in the bottom PCI-e 16x slot? It's gen 2.0 so should be fast enough to take advantage of the extra NVMe speeds, and adapters are available for that. :)

i dont install anything, may u refer the link of that adapter

47 minutes ago, toooldpc said:

i dont install anything, may u refer the link of that adapter

That's good! I don't know of any specific adapter, but if you look for PCIe to M.2 or PCI express to M.2 you should find something easily. :)